Canned PARADOX scripts?

Post by Joe F. Junk » Fri, 21 Aug 1992 08:55:37

Does anybody know a source for canned PARADOX scripts or insightful
techniques?  We own a network copy of PARADOX in our office but we really
are not using it to its potential.  No one here has had the time to really
refine scripts for our needs.  I tend to wing my queries manually and port
to and from a worksheet for alot of editing and combining.

I would love to find a source for scripts or advise to:

1) Compare two databases and look for possible duplicates (based on
similarity) before combining them.  We frequently do group mailings for
events we put on with other entities and have to combine our lists but
would rather not spend alot of mailing and printing money on duplications.

2)  Monitor as a new record is being manually input and (continually) list
possible existing records that might duplicate the new entry.

3) Scan an existing database for possible double entries (ie  Bob Smith
and Robert Smith)

4) Making queries that link more than one database.

In general I would be very greatful for any information on ftp sites, BBS,
or discussion groups that are specific to PARADOX or might contain
canned scripts.

Thanks for whatever help you can provide.

-joe junker

 Joseph F. Junker
 Industrial Energy Engineer
 Oregon State University
 Energy Extension
 344 Batcheller Hall
 Corvallis, Oregon  97333-2405
 Phone: (503) 737-5034
 Fax:   (503) 737-3462

Canned PARADOX scripts?

:
: Thanks for whatever help you can provide.
:
:
:  Joseph F. Junker

The PARADOX INFORMANT is a monthly guide to paradox:
10519 E. Stockton Blvd, Suite 142
Elk Grove, CA 95624-9743
Voice: 916-686-6610 FAX: 916-668-8497
BBS: 916-686-4740 (N81)

--
Uri Blackman

1. converting paradox dos script to paradox (object pal) windows script

It's too bad that borland did not make the transition from DOS to
WINDOWS easier by writing a program that would convert the scripts. Now,
I must go through thousands of PDOX for DOS code to make the
system change over. Does anybody have any tips or techniques that would
help make this process go faster and easier?

              Any help would be appreciated,
                                        Dana

2. Help! D3 ODBC call failure...

3. Paradox 3.5 scripts --> Paradox 4.5 OPAL scripts

4. Error msg from ODBC driver Manager

5. Converting, Importing, or Updating Paradox 4.5 for DOS Scripts to Paradox 5 for Win

6. How do I get invisible character input?

7. Translating old paradox 4.0 scripts for use with Paradox 7.0

8. Data lossage

9. Information on converting Paradox 4.0 scripts into Paradox 5.0

10. MDX : Canned Report or OLAP

11. Anyone know of some canned (cheap or free) DB performance testing software

12. canned code to get db on web quickly via perl or