Help required with Unidata VSG

Post by Carl Tillotso » Sun, 06 Dec 1998 04:00:00

Hi Folks,

Running Unidata 3.6.x on NT 4.0

I believe I have set up the Unidata ODBC correctly, and can
successfully import a 1NF table into Access with the ODBC link.

However, try as I may, I can't get the Visual Schema Generator to work.
Whenever it tries to make a connection it complains about "Can't find
SQL reserved words list" !?!?!?!

I am away from the office for a few days on business, so can't log the
request through my VAr until Thursday, I was hoping some kind soul on
this ng will be able to point me in the right direction :-)

Any help much appreciated :-)

BTW - I can't believe how easy it was for me to set-up the Unidata
environment in NT. Our application suite has about 600+ programs, I had
the whole lot converted to NT and running in under 20 hours. Best part
was not having to wait for the Unix-Guru to setup the file-systems. Of
course, the biggest pain was converting the Unix shell commands to the
equalivant NT commands. The 'touch' command gave me a few problems, but
I got round this by using 'ECHO "" > <filename>' - not sure if there
was a neater way, but this did work. Oh, of course I still haven't got
printing working just yet - more to do with the legacy of our software
rather than Unidata NT - got to work by running a SETPTR before I run
our software.