Using ADO 2.1 / ADOX / ADO 2.0 with C++

Post by LuAnn Bradfor » Tue, 02 Feb 1999 04:00:00

A majority of the documentation I have come across, both in books and
online, has used Visual Basic to show code examples for ADO and ADOX. I
need to use C++. Is there C++ documentation available, preferably for at
least ADO 2.0 and ADOX?

Using ADO 2.1 / ADOX / ADO 2.0 with C++

Post by Gert Draper » Tue, 02 Feb 1999 04:00:00

There are multiple article on the web. One good one is
http://msdn.microsoft.com/developer/news/feature/datajul98/adorosest.htm in
general look at http://www.microsoft.com/data/techmat.htm

-GertD

Using ADO 2.1 / ADOX / ADO 2.0 with C++

Post by Lyn Robiso » Thu, 04 Feb 1999 04:00:00

A new book entitled "Teach Yourself Database Programming with Visual C++ in
21 Days" has info on C++ ADO programming.

You can read the entire book online (for free) on the Macmillan Publishing
site at the Personal Bookshelf at http://www.mcp.com/personal. After
entering your name and email address, you can view the book by choosing the
Programming category or the Database -- Client/Server category, and
scrolling down until you find "Teach Yourself Database Programming with
Visual C++ in 21 Days", by Lyn Robison.

You can find more information about the book, including readers comments,
by looking on Amazon.com and searching by the ISBN number, which is
0-672-31350-2.

You can also read a chapter of the book on the Microsoft Web site at:
http://www.microsoft.com/data/tch-vc21.htm

Good luck,
Lyn

>A majority of the documentation I have come across, both in books and
>online, has used Visual Basic to show code examples for ADO and ADOX. I
>need to use C++. Is there C++ documentation available, preferably for at
>least ADO 2.0 and ADOX?

1. Using ADO 2.1 / ADOX / ADO 2.0 with C++

A majority of the documentation I have come across, both in books and
online, has used Visual Basic to show code examples for ADO and ADOX. I
need to use C++. Is there C++ documentation available, preferably for at
least ADO 2.0 and ADOX?

2. sort + filter

3. ADO Control against ADO 2.1 and ADO 2.0

4. Assigning PM items in setup

5. ADO 2.0 vs ADO 2.1

6. Pick Systems Acquisition

7. Using Ado and Adox in C++

8. Using ADOX with ADO in C++ program

9. Support regarding ADO 2.0, 2.1 and 2.5 with SQL 2000 SP1

10. ADO 2.0, 2.1, 2.5 support with SQL 2000 SP1

11. SQL7, ADO 2.0 or 2.1, and blank recordsets

12. ADO 2.0 and 2.1