Please recommand some newsgroups about spatial dbms and spatiotemporal dbms

Please recommand some newsgroups about spatial dbms and spatiotemporal dbms

Post by Neona » Fri, 02 Nov 2001 17:48:09

HI,

   I am very interested in spatiotemp*database and spatial database. But I

am a new hand and have a lot of questions .Could you please recommand me some

nice newsgroup about these.

   thank you!!

1. extensible DBMS with ADT of spatial type is really spatial DBMS ?

HI,

   I want to implement a prototype of spatial DBMS . However ,i found ,a lot of

DBMS supporting spatial data type is implemented by this way :  define an

abstract data type(ADT) of spatial type  on the base of extensible DBMS. But i

don't think this is  a real spatial DBMS , because the defination of ADT is

defined by user ,not implemented by DBMS itself, While a real spatial DBMS is

implemented by DBMS itself. That's ,for the so called sptial DBMS based on

extensible DBMS ,the spatial type is implemented in the level of application;

while for the real spatial DBMS ,spatial type is implemented  in the level of

system!

    Dear readers, I am a new hand in this realm. Is what i said correct?

Would you please give me your opinion. Of course ,any other opinion about

the implemention of spatial DBMS is welcome!

    thank you!!

2. Problems with Replication - Urgent

3. Need DBMS for Spatial Data under VMS

4. Time to move on

5. SpatialDBMS toolkit for storing spatial / map data in relational DBMS

6. Sybase books

7. Q: DBMS with spatial access methods ?

8. HELP: Loading SQL DB with VB

9. DBMS 26 or DBMS 27 error

10. Web fronted DBMS vs. DBMS backed web

12. To DBMS or not to DBMS

13. Evaluating DBMS vendors and experiences with DBMS.