ODBC .net?

Post by Alan van der Vyve » Fri, 13 Jul 2001 04:50:48

This morning there was a newsgroup,
microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.odbcnet, that dealt with the .net ODBC
classes. This afternoon it is gone.

Does anyone know what the deal is? Does this mean that the ODBC .net classes
had a lifespan of exactly 9 days or are we supposed to use a different
newsgroup?

regards,
Alan.

ODBC .net?

Post by Ryszard Gawro » Fri, 13 Jul 2001 20:10:40

Hello,
check out this page:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/downloads/default.asp?url=/code/sample.asp?...
dn-files/027/001/668/msdncompositedoc.xml&frame=true

regards
Ryszard Gawron

Quote:> This morning there was a newsgroup,
> microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.odbcnet, that dealt with the .net ODBC
> classes. This afternoon it is gone.

> Does anyone know what the deal is? Does this mean that the ODBC .net
classes
> had a lifespan of exactly 9 days or are we supposed to use a different
> newsgroup?

> regards,
> Alan.

1. Problem on ODBC.net on ASP.net

Hello ,

  I have just try to built up simple  connection
by ODBC.net in ASPX pages.

 Dim cn As Microsoft.Data.Odbc.OdbcConnection = New
OdbcConnection("Driver=Microsoft ODBC for
Oracle;uid=scott;pwd=tiger;server=mindgame")
%>

But it alway show error:

Compiler Error Message: BC30002: Type 'Microsoft.Data.Odbc.OdbcConnection'
is not defined.

I have install ODBC.net already in my MS2000 professional platform.

Does there have something I missed?!

Thanks you very much.

Brian

2. Inventory question

3. ODBC .Net Data Provider question

4. Strange fault developed....

5. How to coding seek with DB and using Combo Box

6. Parameter Queries - ODBC.NET, Access Database

7. Unknown problem

8. odbc.net, informix, unicode

9. ODBC .NET

10. Way to install included ODBC .NET Provider

11. MySQL and ODBC .NET

12. odbc.net HELP NEEDED