ObjectDRIVER under linux

Post by Franck Lebastar » Tue, 23 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Hi everybody,

we plan to make ObjectDRIVER available under linux. So we are looking for a
free connectivity tool for this OS similar to ODBC on Windows NT.

Can anydody here help us to point at such a tool (for C/C++) ?

Thank you
Franck

[ ObjectDRIVER is our open object wrapper dedicated to relational databases
reusing. It is free. You can get it on our site at
http://www.inria.fr/cermics/dbteam/ObjectDriver/ .]

1. Announcing ObjectDRIVER 1.1 new release

                           ObjectDRIVER,
               an Open Object Wrapper dedicated to
                   Relational Databases Reusing

ObjectDRIVER release 1.1 build 61 is now available for free download.
The distribution can be obtained from
http://www.inria.fr/cermics/dbteam/ObjectDriver/.

ObjectDRIVER is our new powerful ODMG-Compliant Open Object Wrapper
dedicated to relational databases reusing. With ObjectDRIVER, a relational
database can be full-accessible (selection, insertion, deletion, update) as
an object database after that the object schema and its mapping on top of
the relational database have been defined. The object data can be queried
with OQL, the ODMG query language.

Adds and changes in this release (1.1.61):

- new ODMG-Compliant C++ binding.
- ODMG-Compliant Java binding revisited.
- types boolean, date, time, timestamp and interval supported.
- documentation updated and extended (new chapter on languages binding).
- Some bugs fixed:
 * Oracle authentication
 * transaction checkpoint for new persistent objects
 * transaction commit (commitAfterReading mode)
 * exception raised when the dbms to connect has no
  autocommit mode

Please visit the ObjectDRIVER site for more information:
http://www.inria.fr/cermics/dbteam/ObjectDriver/

The CERMICS Database Team.

--
Franck Lebastard        +33 (0)4 92 38 77 42

CERMICS Sophia Antipolis
http://www.inria.fr/cermics/dbteam/

2. Updates of Excel files with connections to OLAP

3. Announcing ObjectDRIVER 1.0 Beta, an Open Object Wrapper to Relational Databases

4. Looking for Windows database(s) similar to "db access" on a unix operating system

5. Announcing ObjectDRIVER 1.1.74 new release

6. Linux Db + VB????

7. ObjectDRIVER 1.1.108 new release

8. MSDE (SQL 2000) fails on Sony Vaio Laptops

9. Announcing ObjectDRIVER 1.0 Beta, an Open Object Wrapper to Relational Databases

10. ANN: ObjectDRIVER 2.1 new release available

11. ObjectDRIVER 1.1.108 new release

12. Announcing ObjectDriver 1.1.76 new release

13. ObjectDRIVER 1.1.124 new release