ADO Recordset State different between NT4 and Win2k!

ADO Recordset State different between NT4 and Win2k!

Post by Paul Thornet » Sat, 15 Jul 2000 04:00:00

I have 2 machines with identical hardware and identical software (Sql
Server v7, SP2; VB6, SP4; Mdac 2.5; IE5.01) except for one small piece
of software, namely the operating system! MachineA runs under NT4 Sp6,
while Machine B runs under Win2k Professional. Both machines are fully
up-to-date with Window Updates.

To simplify matters, let's say I have a stored procedure as follows:

SELECT col1 INTO MyNewTable FROM MyOldTable
SELECT col1 FROM MyNewTable

Running this via Vb code under NT4 using Connection, Command and
Recordset objects (client cursor, static, ReadOnly), I receive an Ado
Recordset object which I can then pass around as a disconnected
recordset. Exactly as it should be.

Under Win2k I receive a closed Ado recordset, with which I can do
nothing. I've tried all combinations of cursor locations and types and
locks - all to no avail.
If I create 2 new Sps, each with one line from the original SP, and
executing the first Sp with adExecuteNoRecords, then the second Sp
retruns an open Ado Recordset in both environments.

I am bafffled by this. Which OS is behaving properly. And in what way
is the other OS misbehaving?

--
Regards,

Paul Thornett

1. Different Ado Recordset State in Nt4 and Win2k!

[...]

2. Delete Records with ADODB.Command

3. SQL/Net. Admin Job

4. Persistent Connections Using ADO/OLEDB to SQL 2000 via COM+ application

5. Win2k install Vs NT4 to Win2k upgrade.

6. ADO Data Control Questions

7. Another (ADO?) discrepancy between NT4 and Win2k

8. Another ADO discrepancy between NT4 and Win2k

9. ADO - NT4 IIS4/Win2k IIS5 Interoperability

10. Another ADO discrepancy between NT4 and Win2k!

11. accessing ado recordset state property causes gpf