Database trends past, present and future - need help

Post by ramesh pamna » Tue, 07 Feb 1995 05:07:58

--

1. Database trends - past, present and future

Subject: Database trends past, present and future - need help
Newsgroups: comp.databases.theory
If anyone out there can point me in the right direction on subject, e.g.,
books, articles from which I can learn and reference for my spring semester
course paper on Database Management Systems, it would be greatly
appreciated. I am particularly interested in how databases have evolved
over the years, statistics on transaction and volumes (e.g., in mid
fifties computers could barely handle KB's of data, whereas now they are
talking about terabytes(?) and accessed by 1000's of users simultaneously).
Also where do we go from here? Are there any limits in current silicon
and magnetic/optical storage technology? Current books I have seen (cover
ISAM, VSAM, IMS, Network, Relational, Object etc.) are very limited in
providing such statistics and trends. Appreciate ANY help!! TIA.

-  RP

--

2. =====SECRETS OF E.MAIL MARKETING=====

3. Paradox - Past and Present and Future

4. I-Net/PC 5.01 --> Unix Online 7.x?

5. FUTURE TRENDS IN DATABASES?

6. Wrong Sequence for Addnew

7. Oracle Past and Present...

8. ActiveControl doesn't work with PageFrames/Pages????

9. DB2 Futures: Trends and Directions

10. VBA and Date/Time for future or past

11. Present/Future of OLAP on Handhelds?

12. FoxCode: present and future status

13. need help to find TechInfo contibutions of the past