info needed for Open Access

Post by Josiah Poo » Wed, 22 Mar 1995 10:05:31

I am sending this query on behalf of a friend. If anybody who
can help him out, please reply directly to his account and NOT mine.

Could someone tell me who makes the software Open Access and how they
can be contacted?

Thanks.

Josiah
21/3/95

1. Open Server info needed

The Situation:

I've inherited a design that was based on the erroneous idea that a Sybase
trigger could execute Unix OS commands. The idea was for the trigger to
notify a Unix process when information was placed in the database.

When this question comes up in comp.databases.sybase the response is along
the lines of "you need to write an Open Server application". I'm now being
asked to estimate the cost of doing this and need to become informed on the
subject.

The Question:

We've never written anything more than embedded SQL as part of a C++ based
application and know nothing about Open Server. Could someone give us an
overview of what it takes to write an Open Server application and whether
it would result in the above described functionality?

TIA

--
Max Welton                 |   I do not speak for my employer.

          or               |   play dead, however.

2. Snapshot replication

3. Need info on Open Server's srv_seterr() function and recursive calls to it via xp

4. IS4 and Access

5. ACCESS 2000: Problem opening database... (info inside)

6. Input screen suggestions needed!!!

7. Access Application as an OLE Control in VB ** need Info **

8. Help me getting Paradox table rights

9. need info about find record in access mdb

10. info needed on visual-access programming!

11. VB ADO accessing Sybase info needed

12. Info needed: data access for SYBASE dblib or ctlib

13. Need info on Wizard to create ASP form from Access table