SQL0901N error installing DB2 Enterprise 7.1 on AIX 5.1

SQL0901N error installing DB2 Enterprise 7.1 on AIX 5.1

Post by Emmet_Cliff.. » Sun, 03 Mar 2002 06:00:19

I get the following when I run db2sampl, to setup the Sample db, after
installing DB2 Enterprise Edition v7.1 on AIX v5.1

SQL0901N  The SQL statement failed because of a non-severe system error.
Subsequent SQL statements can be processed.  (Reason "Invalid Request type
for DB2 Admin Server".)

I'm running under the user id I created when I installed DB2. I've tried
giving that user root privileges on the AIX machine with the same result.
There was a client Instance on the AIX machine, but now the DBINSTANCE
environment variable points, correctly I think, to the on created by the
DB2 server install.

Any suggestions on what the problem is? Do I need to remove the client
instance? Is there any other way to verify that the server was installed
correctly?

Thanks,
Emmet

SQL0901N error installing DB2 Enterprise 7.1 on AIX 5.1

Post by Sylv » Tue, 05 Mar 2002 06:59:11

Hello Emmet,

You've probably ran the db2sampl pgm from the db2as instance.
This is definitely not the instance for a database. This instance is
here to listen/serve control centers.
Have a "regular" instance created (db2setup, or create user + db2icrt ).

Hope tis help, Sylv1

1. Error Using PUT ROUTINE : db2 v8.1 on AIX 5.1

Folks:

I successfully extracted the binary for a SQL stored proc from a udb
database that was running on a machine with a C compiler. I ftp'ed the
.sar file over (in bin mode) and tried using 'put routine' command to
create it in another database on another server. No C compiler is
installed on this server.

I get the SQL0443N error code and the diagnostic text contains
"-970,55009".
I am running this under the instance owner id and this id has been
added to the fenced user group. I preemptively changed the permissions
on sqlib/adm/.fenced file to allow write access to this group as well.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Nikhil

2. MDX: "unbindable in the current context"

3. Problem install DB2 7.1 on AIX 4.3.3

4. Big database tables

5. DB2 UDB 7.1 fp3 AIX 4.3.3 db2 command processor and crontab

6. Image servlet does not allow images to be cached!

7. AIX 5.1 supported with whatch DB2 versions

8. Views are tables

9. DB2 5.1 upgrading to 7 AIX

10. Installing Sybase Adaptive Server 11.5.1 on Aix 5.1

11. Error while installing IBM DB2 7.1 on HP-UX 11.11

12. DB2 7.1 EEE Install problem on Win 2000 - _INS5576_MP-Application Error

13. DB2 7.1 PDE or DB2 7.1 EE