db2jdbc.dll

Post by inter » Wed, 25 Jun 2003 01:37:42

Hi,
Running DB2 8.0 on win2k with Tomcat 4.0.6. Starting tomact from the
command line via bin/startup

our app uses the db2 jdbc driver and we constantly are getting this
error when it is trying to create a connection or load the driver. I
have looked all over the place for the answer, and have c:\program
files\ibm\sqllib\bin\db2jdbc.dll in the LD_LIBRARY_PATH,
java.library.path, PATH etc etc. Where exactly do I need to do, where
exactly do I need to make a configuration change to get the JVM to
find this dang thing?

java.sql.SQLException: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no db2jdbc in
java.library.path
 at COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.DB2Driver.<init>(Unknown Source)
Method)
 at
sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAcces
sorImpl.java:39)
 at
sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstruc
torAccessorImpl.java:27)
 at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:274)
 at org.openmrm.core.data.Database.loadDriver(Database.java:238)
 at org.openmrm.core.data.Database.initialize(Database.java:139)

db2jdbc.dll

Post by Garfield Lewi » Wed, 25 Jun 2003 02:11:22

I'm not familiar with tomcat but I assume it's some kind of unix shell?

Anyway, have you tried quoting the reference to db2jdbc.dll in
LD_LIBRARY_PATH or using the short name for the path?

ie. LD_LIBRARY_PATH=%LD_LIBRARY_PATH%:"C:\Program
Files\IBM\SQLLIB\bin\db2jdbc.dll" or
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=%LD_LIBRARY_PATH%:C:\Progra~1\IBM\SQLLIB\bin\db2jdbc.dll.

--
Garfield A. Lewis
DB2 UDB Development,

Quote:> Hi,
> Running DB2 8.0 on win2k with Tomcat 4.0.6. Starting tomact from the
> command line via bin/startup

> our app uses the db2 jdbc driver and we constantly are getting this
> error when it is trying to create a connection or load the driver. I
> have looked all over the place for the answer, and have c:\program
> files\ibm\sqllib\bin\db2jdbc.dll in the LD_LIBRARY_PATH,
> java.library.path, PATH etc etc. Where exactly do I need to do, where
> exactly do I need to make a configuration change to get the JVM to
> find this dang thing?

> java.sql.SQLException: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no db2jdbc in
> java.library.path
>  at COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.DB2Driver.<init>(Unknown Source)
>  at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native
> Method)
>  at

sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAcces
Quote:> sorImpl.java:39)
>  at

sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstruc

Quote:> torAccessorImpl.java:27)
>  at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:274)
>  at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Class.java:306)
>  at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Class.java:259)
>  at org.openmrm.core.data.Database.loadDriver(Database.java:238)
>  at org.openmrm.core.data.Database.initialize(Database.java:139)

db2jdbc.dll

Post by pm3iinc-nospa » Fri, 27 Jun 2003 00:52:27

I'm not much in the know either but i think
tomcat uses something like a jdbc_path or something.
Maybe j2eeadmin -addJdbcDriver or something similar?

drivers are in db2java.zip and db2jcc.jar files (read classpath here) if i'm
not wrong.
I don't think people need to reference the db2jdbc.dll file in some path
variable.

Maybe tomcat uses some of those servers.xml files... ?

Anyway, i'm pretty sure tomcat has some doc on the topic. (configuration,
jdbc, jca, etc.)
I think the preferred way to get a connexion is to use a datasource.

PM

Quote:> Hi,
> Running DB2 8.0 on win2k with Tomcat 4.0.6. Starting tomact from the
> command line via bin/startup

> our app uses the db2 jdbc driver and we constantly are getting this
> error when it is trying to create a connection or load the driver. I
> have looked all over the place for the answer, and have c:\program
> files\ibm\sqllib\bin\db2jdbc.dll in the LD_LIBRARY_PATH,
> java.library.path, PATH etc etc. Where exactly do I need to do, where
> exactly do I need to make a configuration change to get the JVM to
> find this dang thing?

> java.sql.SQLException: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no db2jdbc in
> java.library.path
>  at COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.DB2Driver.<init>(Unknown Source)
>  at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native
> Method)
>  at

sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAcces
Quote:> sorImpl.java:39)
>  at

sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstruc

Quote:> torAccessorImpl.java:27)
>  at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:274)
>  at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Class.java:306)
>  at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Class.java:259)
>  at org.openmrm.core.data.Database.loadDriver(Database.java:238)
>  at org.openmrm.core.data.Database.initialize(Database.java:139)

1. Unhandled exception in IDE.EXE (DB2JDBC.DLL)

I've a lot of troubles working with VA Java 4.0 using DB2 client (UDB
version 7.2 - ptf number 21294), when EJB environment loads and releases
clients connections.
After IDE.EXE - application error, MS VC++ debugger cath the expection and
shows  the next message:
"Unhandled exception in IDE.EXE (DB2JDBC.DLL): 0xC00000005:  Access
Violation" and the stack are next:
DB2JDBC!6d66608d()
IVJVM20!1000461f()
IVJVM20!100bf207()
IVJVM20!100bf1cf()
IVJVM20!100e3489()
KERNEL32!77e96523()

I've JDBC 2.0 in use.
The rest of DB2 java done applications, like control center  works
correctly.
Any suggestion?
Thanks and regards

Adolfo

2. DataEnvironment Windows 95/98

3. Error allocating DB2 environment handle, rc=db2jdbc

4. Invalid File Name

5. JDBC Problem : UnsatisfiedLinkError no db2jdbc in java.library.path

6. Database Path

7. DB2 7.2 DLL Load / Unload of DB2SYSP.DLL AND DB2KBC.DLL

8. General error on Connection.close()

9. SqlClient.dll and SqlServerCe.dll

10. Failed to load resource dll MSDAERSV.DLL

11. ntwdblib.dll vs sqlsrv32.dll (native driver vs ODBC driver)

12. ODBC32.dll & ODBCINT.dll ODBC ERRORs

13. msolapui.dll,msmdnet.dll : help needed