I've researched this for a few days and am having no luck getting it
fixed. We are running db2 version 7 on aix 4.3.2 (i believe those are
the proper versions). i have tried running the instance update, and
have checked more file permissions than i care to count. i apologize
for not having taken better notes so that i could be more detailed as
to what i have already done.
something wierd is happening, though, and i hope it might mean
something to someone out there :)
i have a user, we'll call him xyz. when i log into the system as this
user (or su to him), i am able to run the db2 command line utility
just fine (by just typing "db2" ... WITHOUT specifying user and pw on
the command line). however, when i log in as user abc and type the
db2 connect to the_database user xyz using xyz_password
i get the error in the subject line of this message. this is a big
problem because all of our client software connects to the database as
the user xyz, and none of the software is able to connect.
one morning, it was working just fine, and then it stopped working.
the only thing we can think of that happened between when it was
working fine and when it stopped was that a disk filled up. we cleaned
up the disk but continue to have the problem. maybe something got