DB2 for OS/390 REXX Language Support for DB2 V5.1

DB2 for OS/390 REXX Language Support for DB2 V5.1

Post by Jose Mun » Fri, 20 Jul 2001 04:18:09

Hi,
Would it be possible, if somebody can send me a V5.1 DB2 for OS/390
REXX Language Support libraries and i would really appreciate it.
I cannot seem to find REXX support for DB2 v5.1 and we need it ASAP
and cannot affort to go througt the ordering process, which might take
more than a month to get the feature product.
thanks and regards,
Jose Munoz

1. DB2 v5.1.2 OS/390 Stored Proc problem

We're having trouble getting stored procs to execute on an OS/390 v5
db2 box using VB.

With the following code, we DO not receive any errors (checked the
connection object as well), but the Stored Proc does Not execute.
intRetVal returns as -1.
The Stored Proc executes correctly on the OS/390 box.  We have tried
various username/passwords with different levels of access and still
the same - the SP will not execute and we do not error out.  We've
tried different SP's, some with parameters, some without and no
success.

Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated.

What we have  VB6, SP5, ADO 2.6, Win98 SE
DB2 Connect version 6.1 (7.x would not even let us connect, 6.1 does)
MS OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers
OS/390 v 5.1.2 with the stored proc installed and functioning on that
end

Thanks!

'Begin code snippet
Dim rs As New ADODB.Recordset
    Dim intRetVal As Integer

    Dim adocx As New ADODB.Connection
    Dim parm1 As New ADODB.Parameter
    Dim parm2 As New ADODB.Parameter
    Dim cmInsert As New ADODB.Command

    'Establish the connection string and open the connection
    adocx.Open "Provider=MSDASQL;Password=mypassword;Persist Security
Info=True;User ID=myusername;Data Source=myDSN"

    cmInsert.CommandType = adCmdStoredProc
    cmInsert.CommandText = "SPROC1"

    'Setup the input Parameter
    Set parm1 = cmInsert.CreateParameter("PVALUE", adVarChar,
adParamInput, 10, "XYX")
    cmInsert.Parameters.Append parm1

    'Setup the Output Parameter
    Set parm1 = cmInsert.CreateParameter("OVALUE", adVarChar,
adParamOutput, 10, Null)
    cmInsert.Parameters.Append parm1

    'execute the SP
    Set cmInsert.ActiveConnection = adocx
    Set rs = cmInsert.Execute(intRetVal)

2. Computing current age in MDX

3. DB2 (V5) Stored Procedures on OS/390

4. Data Warehousing / IBM

5. control Center (db2cc) and db2 v5 OS/390

6. Benchmark testing SQL Server Cluster

7. control center and db2 v5 on OS/390

8. oo to r modelling

9. DB2 6.1 OS/390 SQL=-927 LANGUAGE INTERFACE DSNALI

10. desire to move data from OS 390 DB2 to AS/400 DB2 using DTS

11. Table Limit with DB2 Connect to DB2 for OS/390

12. Load data from DB2 in NT to DB2 in OS/390

13. Creating DB2 SQL Procedures in DB2 version 6 on OS/390 (June 2000 PUT)