ODBC connection to DB2

Post by Mark Goldi » Mon, 11 Nov 2002 21:49:15

I am trying to create an ODBC connection to remote DB2. Uber Known Systems I
can see DB2 on my laptop. But it tries to connect it fails. Here is error
message:

The search for databases on the network failed.
SQL1336N  The remote host "laptop" was not found.

Any help, please?

ODBC connection to DB2

Post by Adria » Mon, 11 Nov 2002 22:36:11

If you have Windows on your laptop installed
see file system32\drivers\etc\hosts in the windows directory and add line
with ip adress and name 'laptop'.
If DB2 is installed locally try to add above line with ip like this for
'localhost' in hosts file ..
hope this help
Adrian

Quote:> I am trying to create an ODBC connection to remote DB2. Uber Known Systems
> can see DB2 on my laptop. But it tries to connect it fails. Here is error
> message:

> The search for databases on the network failed.
> SQL1336N  The remote host "laptop" was not found.

> Any help, please?

1. ODBC connection to DB2 on AS/400 and performance with protocols / port / connection

Hi,

I would like to establish a connection to the AS/400 database DB2.
The connection has to be made from several OS's like Linux, Solaris, Windows
BSD and in the future maybe even more. I now have installed DB2Connect, but
since this is a huge package I would prefer to do it another way. Ie copying
only the needed ODBC drivers and do the configuring by hand instead of with
a handy GUI.

I would like to know if that is possible, and when it is possible I
appreciate all the help with  'How it is done'.

The second question I am curious about is which kind of connection does
approve the fastest connection to the DB. In other words, which kind of
connection can handdle the most transactions /time interval. I now connect
to the AS/400 by a TCPIP connection to/with DRDA, port 446.

Thanks in advance

Gerben de Vries,
the Netherlands

2. Any other way to redefine a database device without dumping all databases and reloading?

3. UDB-NT v8: DSN less ODBC connections to DB2

4. Mdx Question- WHERE clause

5. Problem with ODBC Connection to DB2 via PHP

6. Damaged files..!

7. How to decrease ODBC connections to DB2 database

8. Informix 4gl and linux

9. Hit ODBC DB2 driver versus IBM ODBC driver for DB2

10. ADODB.Connection with ODBC & DB2-database

11. Connection problem do DB2 via ODBC

12. db2 connection via odbc?

13. ADO dsn-less connection string for DB2 odbc driver