Tablename qualifiers in Powerbuilder Datawindow

Tablename qualifiers in Powerbuilder Datawindow

Post by Sand » Fri, 25 Feb 2000 04:00:00

 Hi
I'm using Powerbuilder 6.5 to access database on DB2 Universal Database
V5  through ODBC driver.

 The SQL statements in PB are coded with Table name qualifiers. The
dbnames of the columns are also prefixed with the tablename qualifiers.
It is fine, if it is a plane select without any joins.

The problem is when I have more than one outer joins, Unions, the table
name qualifier is removed. I need to export the Datawindows and add the
table names for every column selected. This is really annoying as we
keep making changes to the Datawindow as we are currently working in the
Development environment.

Could any one suggest any solutions
Thanks
--
Sandy

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. Tablename qualifier in columns of select

Hi,

Can anyone please tell me if there is a way to get the tablename
associated with the columns selected in a select statement using OCI
calls.

e.g If I have a select statement such as select employee.empno,
emptab.empno from employee, emptab is there any way by which I can get
the tablename qualifier of each column.

Also, if there is no qualifier specified in the select statement, is
there a way to get the tablename associated with the column.

OCI_ATTR_NAME doesnt seem to return the tablename qualifier.

Please help.

Regards
Geeta.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. Test for an open table

3. Full Text Search for numeric values

4. Tablename qualifiers in ODBC

5. Embedded SQL and binary data

6. Is there a JBuilder2 equivalent of Powerbuilder datawindow?

7. AcdtiveXcontrols

8. Alternative to PowerBuilder/PowerJ's datawindow technology

9. Powerbuilder datawindow plugin

10. Use of Sybase Identity Column with PowerBuilder Datawindow Update

11. TEXT datatype usage from Powerbuilder DataWindow