Reason Code 104 in Text Extender - Please Help

Reason Code 104 in Text Extender - Please Help

Post by Patrick Chen » Wed, 03 May 2000 04:00:00

My AIX machine with UDB V6.1 was configured to have 2 databases by an IBM
business partner (BP), one is English and one is Traditional Chinese and the
db structure are exactly the same except the code page of the db. Moreover,
these 2 dbs are enabled with a text column in one of the tables. These 2 dbs
are currently up and running.

When I took over the db administration 2 weeks ago, I was assigned to create
a new db with Japanese code page so I follow the procedures the BP passed me
and I hit a error when I tried to enable the text column on a table. The
error is DES9996N An internal Text Extender error occurred. Reason code:
104. At the first place, I thought I might be using some code page which DB2
did not have the conversion code page on. Therefore, I tried to create a
plain English db and the result is the same. I have contacted the Hong Kong
IBM support and they found me 2 hints. I have tried one of them to increase
the QUERY_HEAP_SZ to 2000 and 3000 respectively and it still did not solve
the problem. The other alternative relates to dropping the text extender
instance and recreates it. I am not sure if this will affect the existing
enabled column so I did not try.

One more piece of info is that I do not know if the BP has applied any patch
after they have successfully enabled the text columns.

The following is a real interaction that I have performed on the AIX machine
and this will show you the error.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

$ db2
Copyright IBM Corporation 1993,1999
Command Line Processor for DB2 SDK 6.1.0

You can issue database manager commands and SQL statements from the command
prompt. For example:
db2 => connect to sample
db2 => bind sample.bnd

For general help, type: ?.
For command help, type: ? command, where command can be
the first few keywords of a database manager command. For example:
? CATALOG DATABASE for help on the CATALOG DATABASE command
? CATALOG          for help on all of the CATALOG commands.

To exit db2 interactive mode, type QUIT at the command prompt. Outside
interactive mode, all commands must be prefixed with 'db2'.
To list the current command option settings, type LIST COMMAND OPTIONS.

For more detailed help, refer to the Online Reference Manual.
db2 => create database test
DB20000I  The CREATE DATABASE command completed successfully.
db2 => connect to test

Database Connection Information
 Database server        = DB2/6000 6.1.0
 SQL authorization ID   = DB2INST
 Local database alias   = TEST

db2 => create table cat_item(item_desc varchar(200))
DB20000I  The SQL command completed successfully.
db2 => quit
DB20000I  The QUIT command completed successfully.
$ db2tx

db2tx => connect to test
Database Connection Information
Database product                   = DB2/6000 06.01.0000
SQL authorization ID               = DB2INST
Local database alias               = TEST

db2tx => enable database
DES0800I  The ENABLE command completed successfully.
db2tx => enable text column db2inst.cat_item item_desc handle
handle_item_desc

DES9996N  An internal Text Extender error occurred. Reason code: 104
db2tx => quit

1. I/O error 104 while parsing text file

I'm getting a '104' I/O error while parsing a text file. This one has me
baffled and I can't find out what a 104 error is in the first place.
Here is the source:

 SetCurrentDirectory(PChar('C:\Batchadd\InPut\Moved')); //switch to
input directory
    FindFirst(PChar('FUSM*.*'), faAnyFile, FindFileData); // find moved
files
    AssignFile(TempFile, FindFileData.Name); // assign as text file
    Reset(TempFile); //open textfile as read only

    While NOT EOF(TempFile) Do  ----> This is where the crash occurs
after having gone                                             through once.
    Begin

Thanks a lot!

Hajo

2. SQL CrossTab query & Dates

3. Integrating XML with DB2 XML Extender and DB2 Text Extender, SG24-6130-00

4. PRESS: Informix in the News

5. Help - "DES9996N Internal error - Reason code 201" on enable database for Text Extender

6. Newbie questions

7. UNION, ORDER BY, error 104, and the mysterious kb q89932 (longish but interesting)

8. Operating System authentication with JDBC

9. Error 104: Using the UNION operator

10. Interbase 4 Script Error SQLCODE 104 Token unknown

11. US-NC-CRM - SELLING POINT CONFIGURATOR (ORT-104)

12. FourGen Order Entry crasher **System Error -104**

13. ** Invalid characters were replaced with blanks. (104)