Help - "DES9996N Internal error - Reason code 201" on enable database for Text Extender

Help - "DES9996N Internal error - Reason code 201" on enable database for Text Extender

Post by J. Scott Walto » Wed, 22 Nov 2000 04:00:00

Win2K with UDB 7.1 trying to enable database for Text Extender. Every way I
try I get this response. I have a newly created database that I am trying to
enable for Text extender. I have good results for standard (non-extender)
operations, but on this machine I am enable to get Text Extender working
properly. I apparently had a good install, but have never been successful in
getting it to work on this system.

Environment: Windows 2000 on a laptop w/ 850Mhz Pentium III, 256MB RAM and a
large NTFS harddrive. UDB is 7.1 Workgroup (tried on system with and without
Fixpack 1 and TextExtender FixPack 1). Removed, rebooted and reinstalled
(several times).

Help - "DES9996N Internal error - Reason code 201" on enable database for Text Extender

Post by Marc Boulange » Sat, 25 Nov 2000 04:00:00

Hi Scott !

You receive this error because the "DB2 - DB2" service startup properties
is set to start as a system account.  You need to change this startup parameter
to a valid user account (user that is capable of starting the DB2 instance).

Once you changed the startup properties (Control Panel --> Services -->
"DB2 - DB2" --> Startup), you will stop and start the service.
Then you should be able to use the "db2tx enable database".

Also you will need to set the Windows 2000 environment variable DB2DBDFT=<db>
where <db> is the database name you want to enable.

Hope this help...  Marc