Calling Java Stored Procedure from SQL Stored Procedure

Calling Java Stored Procedure from SQL Stored Procedure

Post by Sridhar Kondusa » Sat, 25 Aug 2001 14:31:04

Hi Listenere

Good Morning

How can I call a Java Stored Procedure from a SQL Stored Procedure

Can I directly issue a CALL statement, or should I create a function
from where I have to link to the Java Class file

Kindly reply back asap

Sridhar.K

Calling Java Stored Procedure from SQL Stored Procedure

Post by Lee Dilwort » Sat, 25 Aug 2001 19:47:40

Quote:>How can I call a Java Stored Procedure from a SQL Stored Procedure

>Can I directly issue a CALL statement, or should I create a function
>from where I have to link to the Java Class file

I think we had this before, I do not think you can do this at all but seem to
remember Serge stating that support was coming but not till v8.
Serge may be able to shed more light on this....

Calling Java Stored Procedure from SQL Stored Procedure

Post by Serge Riela » Sat, 25 Aug 2001 20:40:51

My knowledge hasn't changed.
Note that you cannot do a CALL from a function, so I think the restriction is
airtight.

Cheers
Serge

1. Calling a Java Stored Procedure from another Java Stored Stored Procedure

Hi,
I'm using the stored procedure builder of DB2 UDB v6.1 on NT to create a
Java Stored Procedure to call another Java Stored Procedure. Both of
them belong to the same project in stored procedure builder.
The sp that calls another sp has the code as follows:
// Calling another java sp -- ErrorHandler
ErrorHandler err = new ErrorHandler();
err.execute("Test #1", 100, "Testing #1");
When I want to build the sp which calls another sp from within, it gave
me an error as follows:
C:\IBMVJava\ide\tools\com-ibm-db2-tools-dev-spb-ivj\spb\bld953747549650\
com\intertrac\datamart\sp\SelectBillShipAddr.java:18: Class
com.intertrac.datamart.sp.ErrorHandler not found in type declaration.
ErrorHandler err = new ErrorHandler();
Does anyone have any clue of how this can be properly done ? Please let
me know.
Thanks,
ra

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. ORACLE error codes

3. Gettting SQL0751N trying to call java stored procedure from a java stored procedure

4. Locks for too long

5. Calling Stored Procedure that calls Stored Procedure in ASP

6. AUSTRALIA - CONTRACTS

7. Calling Oracle Stored Procedure from within SQL Server Stored Procedure

8. exporting table data

9. Stored Procedure calling Stored Procedure

10. Call a stored procedure from another stored procedure

11. Calling a stored procedure with parameters from another stored procedure

12. Calling a Stored Procedure from a Stored Procedure

13. How to call an Oracle Stored procedure from MSSQL Server Stored Procedure