Mulit partition ESE across a MAN?

Post by aixque » Wed, 25 Jun 2003 23:25:52

Hello all

I wonder what the opinion here is about running a partitioned DB for
data warehousing across a MAN - are there any rules of thumb or
thoughts on this?

We want to split the data nodes across sites for high availability
reasons, but are a bit worried about the performance side effects.
Bandwidth is good, RTT is also not bad - should I worry about the
latency above all else, or are there other issues?

This is for new data warehouses, as ever there is no chance to test
properly any usage patterns - one day they'll go live, next day I
still want to have a job.

Running AIX 5.2, HACMP, v8.1 fp1.

thanks for any thoughts on this.

1. How Man Partitions

We have a cube which consists of data from about 180 feeds gathered each
day. We have a cube which has just a single day's data in that covers about
95% of reports that we need. However, on an average day we may need to
reload about 5 feeds due to calculation errors in the source data. We are
thinking that we should have 1 partition per feed and set the slice and
filter values accordingly from VB and then do a full process on just that
partition whenever data arrives

Is it OK to have 180 partitions

2. Removable Storage Manager error

3. Man oh Man - Need VB Help for Using Access Databases

4. Mail-Merge from Delphi Database app

5. You're the man, man !!!

6. DataReport

7. Can we partition tables of databases across servers on some condition

8. NT4 -> ODBC -> OS/390

9. Setting up a single table across multiple partitions

10. Performance Expert and DB2 UDB ESE V8.1

11. Urgent! Process partition fails when partition is cloned

12. CommanDLine -creating partitions - processing partitions

13. Partitioned views - how to size partitions?