- Help about connection error

Post by Stefan » Sat, 28 Jun 2003 03:18:58

Hi all guys,

i'm an Italian UDB2 customer. I'm today running db2 personal edition 7.1 a
on SuSE 8.1 Linux. I've got 4 clients with db2 client v. 7.0 . I'm running
using a db2 a software for compamy management. Software is written by an
Italian company premium partner of IBM.

The problem is the following, from a mounth to today sometimes (about 6/7
times everyday) i get  an error from db2:

SELE: SQL execution error - Object ID 10046 [IBM][CLIDRIVER][DB2/LINUX]
SQL30081N A COMMUNICATION ERROR HAS BEEN DETECTED COMMUNICATION PROTOCOL
BEING USED "TCP/IP" COMMUNICATION API BEING USED: "SOCKETS" LOCATION WHERE
THE ERROR WAS.

The problem seems to a tcp/ip problem. If i reboot my client problem
persists, i need to reboot server. When the problem occurs, i've get info
from my server console i can see all db2 processes are running and tcp/ip
seems to have no problem. In fact if i ping my server works correctly.

My hardware is: Siemes Server, PIII 733 Mhz, 512 Mb ram ecc, 3 hdd raid 5,
mylex raid controller. System is  a suse 8.1 with default install. Load
average of system is 4.12 .

Does anyone can help me?

Regards

Stefano

1. Help - Server connection error!

Hi,

I am writing VB (DSO) code in Access 2000 form, trying to connect to MS
SQL Server 7 OLAP database (server name is 'YASPAD').

In the morning, I was able to add record to the dimension relational
table and process the dimension successfully. But soon afterwards I ran
into the error :
   Cannot connect to the registry on the server computer (YASPAD).

What does this error mean? How do I rectify?

I had been struggling with this error for a long time. Someone please
help me.

Part of the code is shown below. The error occurs at the statement
"    dsoServer.Connect ("YASPAD")":

*****************
Private Sub Form_Load()

    On Error GoTo FormLoad_Err

    'Initializa global objects
    Set dsoDB = Nothing
    Set dsoCube = Nothing
    Set dsoDS = Nothing
    Set dsoServer = Nothing

    'Create instance of server and connect.
    Set dsoServer = New DSO.Server
    dsoServer.Connect ("YASPAD")
    intClassType = dsoServer.ClassType

    Select Case intClassType
        Case clsServer
             strClassType = "Server"
        Case Else
             strClassType = "Invalid Class Type"
    End Select

    Set dsoDB = dsoServer.MDStores("YEA_DSS")
***************

--
Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Tse

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

2. XML, SQL Server 2000, and the SQLXML3 Managed Classes

3. Q: help with connection error message

4. Page Number

5. Gurus Please Help: Multiple Connections Error

6. US-TX-AS/400 OPERATOR / ORACLE

7. Help!:ADODB .Connection Error 800a0e78 ???

8. Help - Connection Error - [TCP/IP Sockets]Connection Read[recv(0)]

9. HELP. Connection errors, SQL Error

10. errors sending results to front end/unable to write to listenon connection errors Please help

11. Please help: Oracle 7.1 JDBC connections : portmaper error/general connectivity errors