z/OS OS/390 DB2 DBA Position available in Dallas, Texas

Post by Raul Gonzal » Sat, 28 Jun 2003 02:09:10

z/OS OS/390 DB2 DBA Position available in Dallas, Texas

Please see contact info for http://www.raulgonzalez.com

Here is the job description.

DESCRIPTION
-----------
Design, develop, and maintain mainframe DB2 database administration,
scheduling services, and monitoring systems. Communicate software
status and provide quality documentation. Coordinate and assist with
the testing, installation, and implementation of new/improved software
and aid in the training of end-users. Reviews existing operational
programs for their cost effectiveness, compliance to standards, and
flexibility to meet future needs. Mentor lower level Software
Analysts, providing guidance during the research process, and training
on new products.

EDUCATION AND TYPICAL YEARS OF EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree/technical certification in Computer Science or
related field and 3+ years of in-depth DB2 database administration
experience. Advanced knowledge of various software packages and
mainframe systems is required.

SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS
--------------------
Responsibilities will include creating and executing DDL, regularly
refreshing test DB2 data, meeting disaster recovery needs, standard
Db2 maintenance such as table and index changes, reorgs and runstats,
SQL tuning and performance analysis, DASD monitoring. Good
communication skills a must. Working knowledge of TSO and ISPF a must.
Experience with DB2 administration tools such as CA Platinum a plus.
SAP R/3 on mainframe DB2 experience a plus.

1. Db2 V7 for z/OS and OS/390

Will programs, compiled under DB2 V7 for z/OS (without making use of new
features of V7) also run under DB2 V6 for OS/390 without recompiling???

(for instance after a fallbach or of we ship modules to our production
system when we've already migrated our application development system)

Thanks in advance

2. dbo with problems

3. os/390 db2 dba certification

4. Delphi->Sybase, dbo.Table problem

5. DB2 DBA OS/390 Certification - Please Suggest :-)

6. Project Needed

7. desire to move data from OS 390 DB2 to AS/400 DB2 using DTS

8. MDDB -- Analysis Limitations

9. Table Limit with DB2 Connect to DB2 for OS/390

10. Load data from DB2 in NT to DB2 in OS/390

11. Creating DB2 SQL Procedures in DB2 version 6 on OS/390 (June 2000 PUT)

12. DB2 Conenct & DB2 on OS/390

13. Trigger working in DB2 for NT but not in DB2 on an OS/390-machine