SQL1402N Unable to authenticate user due to unexpected system error

SQL1402N Unable to authenticate user due to unexpected system error

Post by Shiv » Sat, 09 Nov 2002 20:07:25

Hi

Can anyone help me in solving this problem please ?

ERROR com.nc.pt.nightly.ARecordTradeDetail  Error in
run() --COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.DB2Exception: [IBM][CLI Driver] SQL1402N  Unable to
authenticate user due to unexpected system error.
 [99999999] -- 00:26:04,11/08/2002

SHIVA

SQL1402N Unable to authenticate user due to unexpected system error

Post by Sundari Yeg » Sun, 10 Nov 2002 03:55:41

This is the explanation to SQL1402N

 db2 ? sql1402n

 SQL1402N Unable to authenticate user due to unexpected system
          error.

Explanation:  Call your system administrator.  On unix-based
systems, the file db2ckpw may not have the correct permission
bits set, or the system may have run out of swap/paging space.
On Windows NT, the DB2 security service may not have been
started.

The command can not be processed.

Federated system users: this situation can also be detected by
the data source.

User Response:  On unix-based systems, have the system
administrator ensure the correct access permissions are set for
db2ckpw, and that there is enough swap/paging space allocated.
On Windows NT, have the system administrator verify that the DB2
security service is installed and started.

SQL1402N Unable to authenticate user due to unexpected system error

Post by Ama » Sun, 10 Nov 2002 04:01:29

Here is a similar question and answer from IBM tech support webpage.
http://www.developer.ibm.com/tech/faq/individual/0,,2:12181,00.html

> Hi

> Can anyone help me in solving this problem please ?

> ERROR com.nc.pt.nightly.ARecordTradeDetail  Error in
> run() --COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.DB2Exception: [IBM][CLI Driver] SQL1402N  Unable to
> authenticate user due to unexpected system error.
>  [99999999] -- 00:26:04,11/08/2002

> SHIVA

1. SQL1402N Unable to authenticate user due to unexpected...

Hello all,

I've researched this for a few days and am having no luck getting it
fixed. We are running db2 version 7 on aix 4.3.2 (i believe those are
the proper versions). i have tried running the instance update, and
have checked more file permissions than i care to count. i apologize
for not having taken better notes so that i could be more detailed as
to what i have already done.

something wierd is happening, though, and i hope it might mean
something to someone out there :)

i have a user, we'll call him xyz. when i log into the system as this
user (or su to him), i am able to run the db2 command line utility
just fine (by just typing "db2" ... WITHOUT specifying user and pw on
the command line). however, when i log in as user abc and type the
following command:

db2 connect to the_database user xyz using xyz_password

i get the error in the subject line of this message. this is a big
problem because all of our client software connects to the database as
the user xyz, and none of the software is able to connect.

one morning, it was working just fine, and then it stopped working.
the only thing we can think of that happened between when it was
working fine and when it stopped was that a disk filled up. we cleaned
up the disk but continue to have the problem. maybe something got
corrupted?

thanks,
ed

2. does granting privileges to a role automatically cascade to users

3. Help - SQL1402N Unable to authenticate user due to unexpected system error.

4. Has anyone seen this error message before?

5. [CLI Driver] SQL1402N Unable to authenticate user due to unexpected system error.

6. Demoted process

7. SQL1402N Unable to authenticate user due to unexpected system error.

8. Unable to authenticate due to messup

9. Unable to authenticate users

10. URGENT!! Unable to connect due to max user

11. URGENT!!Unable to connect due to max user

12. Unable to install SP1 due to MDAC error