Transaction Isolation

Post by Brien Schult » Tue, 17 Jun 2003 22:43:19

What is the fastest transaction isolation level and how can I make sure my
DB is using it?  I have a database that is used by an application which is
primarily transaction driven.  The odds of two people trying to change the
same record at the same time are slim to none, and even if they do I'm
willing to deal with lost data.

Transaction Isolation

Post by Rhin » Tue, 17 Jun 2003 23:42:19

Under those circumstances, you should use isolation level UR (Uncommitted
Read). It will not acquire any row locks so that the overhead of execution
the transaction should be less, maybe a lot less.

Rhino

Quote:> What is the fastest transaction isolation level and how can I make sure my
> DB is using it?  I have a database that is used by an application which is
> primarily transaction driven.  The odds of two people trying to change the
> same record at the same time are slim to none, and even if they do I'm
> willing to deal with lost data.

1. setting transaction isolation level on connection

This is probably posted in the wrong group and is a simple question, but:

For report purposes I'd like to have the isolation level set to
READ UNCOMMITTED or "dirty reads" or "no lock". In our application that
would be acceptable.  I can't count on our users to set this when
logging in.

Is there any way to configure SQL server for this default?
OR
Is there a way to run a stored procedure upon login where I can
place the SQL command to set the isolation level?

Thanks for any help

Michael Eno

3. Transaction Isolation Level

4. QR memory leak

5. TRANSACTION ISOLATION LEVELS

6. Ingres OLEDB /ADO

7. Transaction Isolation in SP's

8. mysql can't support recordset attrib(ASP script) ??

9. transaction isolation level setting serializable - deadlocks

10. Transaction isolation level

11. set transaction isolation level

12. Transaction Isolation Level

13. setting transaction isolation level programatically