Reorg Partitioned TS

Post by fredsy.. » Sat, 26 Aug 2000 04:00:00

 If you reorg partitioned tablespace, partion by partition, the non-
partitioned indexes will not be reorged. How do you solve this problem?
This is a OS/390 DB2 question. do you just recover that index or reorg
that index? or any other way to do it?  Thanks.

--
Fred

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Reorg Partitioned TS

Post by Ed Vassie, BMC Software Lt » Sat, 26 Aug 2000 04:00:00

>  If you reorg partitioned tablespace, partion by partition, the non-
> partitioned indexes will not be reorged. How do you solve this
problem?
> This is a OS/390 DB2 question. do you just recover that index or reorg
> that index? or any other way to do it?  Thanks.

The best way normally is to reorg the NPIs after you have done all the
partitions that need re-orging.  Remember that often not all partitions
will need a reorg.

Some reorg products give you the option of either updating the NPIs
when you reorg a partition, or doing a simultaneous full NPI reorg.  If
your reorg JCL generator can discern if only 1 partition is being
reorganised, then get it to do a full NPI reorg at the same time.

Otherwise, if many partitions are being reorged, of if the JCL
generator does not know how many partitions are being reorged, it is
often faster to update the NPIs at partition reorg time, followed by a
step to reorg only the NPIs.
--
All information given is a personal opinion.
You are responsible for any changes to your environment.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Reorg Partitioned TS

Post by fredsy.. » Sat, 26 Aug 2000 04:00:00

Isn't it recover NPI is faster than reorg NPI?
Fred

--
Fred

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. Reorg Oracle 8 Partition tables

Help,

My partitions are increasing in extents, and I will need to re-organise
them. I need to know which is the easiest way to do it.

Do I:
1. Use the "move" partition command.
2. Export/Import the table into a adequately sized partitioned table, or
does export/import compress extents.

Thanks in advance,
Kevin

2. Help! Any Ideas?

3. Urgent! Process partition fails when partition is cloned

4. Unique table inserts---need help...

5. CommanDLine -creating partitions - processing partitions

6. Informix under Windows Terminal Server

7. Partitioned views - how to size partitions?

8. CommanDLine -creating partitions - processing partitions

9. Convert a non-partitioned table to partitioned table

10. partition views vs partition tables

11. O7 to O8 Partitioned Views to Partitioned Tables

12. Partitioned views vs. partitioned tables