SQL0332N There is no available conversion for the source code page "923" to

SQL0332N There is no available conversion for the source code page "923" to

Post by Marshal Jenki » Thu, 26 Jun 2003 00:44:13

Hello all,

I am trying to connect to an Iseries DB2 UDB database from a Linux DB2
UDB database with no luck.

The error message is:
db2 => connect to AS400_NAME user MY_USER_PROFILE using MY_PASSWORD
SQL0332N  There is no available conversion for the source code page "923" to
the target code page "UNKNOWN".  Reason Code "1".  SQLSTATE=57017

I have tried to connect to 2 different Iseries both running V5R2 and
each return this same error.

I have set the CCSID for my user profile and the system value both to
37. In this news group I have found several references to similar
errors that also recommend setting the CCSID of the job, but I'm
not sure how to do this.

The Linux box is a RH 7.3 using DB2 UDB V8 ESE from the Linux Software
Evaluation Kit 2Q 2003.

Any/All help will be appreciated.

SQL0332N There is no available conversion for the source code page "923" to

Post by Sherman La » Thu, 26 Jun 2003 03:12:41

Hi,

The message appears because iSeries cannot convert from 923 to 37. 923 is
coming from you Linux environment.  Your environment probably have LC_ALL,

As I can find in the web, DB2 iSeries only provide conversion from 923 to
00924, 01140, 01141, 01142, 01143, 01144, 01145, 01146, 01147, 01148, 01149,
01208, 04971, 13488, 61952.
http://www-1.ibm.com/servers/eserver/iseries/software/globalization/c...
CCSID 37 is not there.

CCSID 37 is not a EURO CCSID and that may be the reason of not providing the
923 to 37 conversion.

To solve the problem, you can either
1) change your CCSID to 1140 on iSeries.  CCSID 1140 is a euro version of
CCSID 37.

on Linux.

Sherman

Quote:> Hello all,

> I am trying to connect to an Iseries DB2 UDB database from a Linux DB2
> UDB database with no luck.

> The error message is:
> db2 => connect to AS400_NAME user MY_USER_PROFILE using MY_PASSWORD
> SQL0332N  There is no available conversion for the source code page "923"
> the target code page "UNKNOWN".  Reason Code "1".  SQLSTATE=57017

> I have tried to connect to 2 different Iseries both running V5R2 and
> each return this same error.

> I have set the CCSID for my user profile and the system value both to
> 37. In this news group I have found several references to similar
> errors that also recommend setting the CCSID of the job, but I'm
> not sure how to do this.

> The Linux box is a RH 7.3 using DB2 UDB V8 ESE from the Linux Software
> Evaluation Kit 2Q 2003.

> Any/All help will be appreciated.

SQL0332N There is no available conversion for the source code page "923" to

Post by Marshal Jenki » Fri, 27 Jun 2003 00:14:47

Thanks Sherman

 I changed the "locale" for the Linux box and everything works fine.

> Hi,

> The message appears because iSeries cannot convert from 923 to 37. 923 is
> coming from you Linux environment.  Your environment probably have LC_ALL,

1. "No source code available"

Hi,
The code sample below is used to simply insert a datapoint
into a MySQL table using ADO.Net.  This code works fine in
a small, standalone test program (implying that connecting
to the MySQL database via the MySQL ODBC Driver is
working)... But when used in a real-world prototype, I can
not step into this code and instead get the "No source
code available for the current location." dialog box...
Other details: the prototype is multi-threaded... in the
prototype this source code is called from a separate DLL,
whereas in the test program, this code is called directly
from within the single test class....

Help!

Dim oDS As New Data.DataSet()
Dim oCB As OdbcCommandBuilder
Dim sSQL as String
sSQL = "INSERT INTO ... "blah, blah, blah"
Dim oDA As New OdbcDataAdapter(sSQL, s_ConnectionMySQL)

oCB = New OdbcCommandBuilder(oDA)
oDA.Fill(oDS)

2. current time of execution during this execution

3. "Source not available"

4. DBGrid Problem -- SetFocus Limit

5. Installing SQL 7 On Windows 2000 Adv Server

6. "C/C++ SOURCE CODE"

7. Remove "marked for deletion" record

8. Source code for "ASCII Chart"?

9. New WWW Pages: "Foxpro Code Snippets"

11. Oracle Data Source - potential "security hole"

12. "Code" = "code" in Store Procedure