UOW waiting

Post by Christoph » Sat, 06 Apr 2002 09:06:23

Dear DB2 community,

I'm facing the following problem (DB2 7.2/RedHat 7.2, english)
I'm using TomCat to retrieve data from DB2 using simple connection (open
connection, retrieve data and close connection). I triple check my code, and
all the close connection are there.

The problem is that DB2 does not release the connection, and there are
plenty of UWO (Unit Of Work) Waiting in the application. When a threshold is
reached (more or less 150 UOW waiting), I receive an ISE (Internal Server
Error).

I'm pretty new in TomCat/DB2, and I would definitly appreciate some
help/advise.

Thanks in advance.

Chris.

UOW waiting

Post by Fan Ruo Xi » Sun, 07 Apr 2002 00:26:31

> Dear DB2 community,

> I'm facing the following problem (DB2 7.2/RedHat 7.2, english)
> I'm using TomCat to retrieve data from DB2 using simple connection (open
> connection, retrieve data and close connection). I triple check my code, and
> all the close connection are there.

> The problem is that DB2 does not release the connection,

1.  It is hard to say db2 doesnot release the connection. If you want to know
the problem is because of db2. You can bypass the TomCat, to check if db2 do
release the connection.
2.  When you issue "CLOSE" the connection from your application, have you
capture the sqlcode?
Best Regards,
Fan Ruo Xin
Quote:> and there are
> plenty of UWO (Unit Of Work) Waiting in the application. When a threshold is
> reached (more or less 150 UOW waiting), I receive an ISE (Internal Server
> Error).

> I'm pretty new in TomCat/DB2, and I would definitly appreciate some
> help/advise.

> Thanks in advance.

> Chris.

1. Awaiting DTC message. UOW

Hi,

We've had a distributed transaction writing every half hour to a remote
database running quite happily
(across trusted domains) for a while now.
Then all of a sudden, the remote SQL Server ground to nearly a complete
halt.
Every 10 secs, the following error was logged:

Awaiting DTC message. UOW: 598e77ca-0f50  (etc - very long number with
hyphens !) state: PREPARED

It looks like DTC is being blocked from completing the distributed
transaction somehow but we're not sure
why.
Another error that occurs frequently (but we don't know if it's affecting
anything) is:

Lazywriter: WARNING, couldn't find slot, 8/8, scanned 8

Has any-one come across these problems before ?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Mike C

Email:

2. TTable and Oracle8 phantom-rows

3. Awaiting DTC Message:UOW<TranID>

4. Error after scheduling package as job???

5. UOW in DCE Server?

6. How can I take the values from multiple rows and display them in a single row?

7. DB2 Connect EE V7.1 UOW monitor

8. Modifying system tables

9. Users Waiting - What resource are they waiting on

10. q: buffer busy wait(data block wait) when P3=130

11. PL/SQL log sync waits, log file parallel write waits and redo writes

12. Process waiting after issuing OPEN CURSOR, onstat shows a thread in waiting condition await_MC1

13. Wait/No wait option, transaction and ODBC