IBM DB2 for Linux

Post by shalin » Thu, 20 Jun 2002 18:38:19

I have installed Linux 7.1 in my PC. I have also installed DB2 for
linux in that system by using db2setup file.I am not in a position to
see any GUI tool of DB2. Can't I see Control Center,Command Center etc
in LInux that I would see in Windows.

Please help me. It is very urgent

IBM DB2 for Linux

Post by Knut Stolz » Fri, 21 Jun 2002 01:14:12

Quote:> I have installed Linux 7.1 in my PC. I have also installed DB2 for
> linux in that system by using db2setup file.I am not in a position to
> see any GUI tool of DB2. Can't I see Control Center,Command Center etc
> in LInux that I would see in Windows.

What did you actually do?  Amd what does "not in a position to see any GUI
tool" mean?

You should make sure that you have the db2 instance profile
(sqllib/db2profile) sourced in your login script (~/.bashrc).  You shauld
also make sure that you have the various db2 executables (like db2cc for the
control center or db2 for the command line processor) in your path.

Or do you mean that you do not have a menu in your favority window manager?
I guess you have to take care of that yourself and create a menu with the
respective entries.

--
Knut Stolze
DB2 Spatial Extender

IBM DB2 for Linux

Post by Philip Nelso » Sun, 23 Jun 2002 02:34:34

And further into the HOW-TO document referred to by Knut you will find
detailed info about getting the GUI tools (Control Center and the like)
up and running.

There are some prereqs (e.g. JRE, which incidentally should be IBM's
rather than Sun's).

Phil

> Hi Shalinie,

> Before you install DB2 on a Linux box you have to perform some tasks.
> Follow the link
> http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/DB2-HOWTO/preplinux.html

> Hope this helps

>> > I have installed Linux 7.1 in my PC. I have also installed DB2 for
>> > linux in that system by using db2setup file.I am not in a position to
>> > see any GUI tool of DB2. Can't I see Control Center,Command Center
>> > etc in LInux that I would see in Windows.

>> What did you actually do?  Amd what does "not in a position to see any
>> GUI tool" mean?

>> You should make sure that you have the db2 instance profile
>> (sqllib/db2profile) sourced in your login script (~/.bashrc).  You
>> shauld also make sure that you have the various db2 executables (like
>> db2cc for the control center or db2 for the command line processor) in
>> your path.

>> Or do you mean that you do not have a menu in your favority window
>> manager? I guess you have to take care of that yourself and create a
>> menu with the respective entries.

1. Apache Web Development with IBM DB2 for Linux

IBM DB2 developer domain just came out with this tutorial.
Jeff

Learn to develop Web applications using database programming
interfaces with IBM DB2 for Linux. This tutorial covers the steps
required to use either PHP, Perl, or Python languages with DB2 for
Linux and Apache. This tutorial helps you do the following:
   Install and configure DB2 for Linux, Apache, PHP, Perl, and Python.
   Identify and include DB2 specific drivers for each language
database interface.
   Connect to the DB2 database.
   Create and execute SQL statements.

http://www7b.boulder.ibm.com/dmdd/library/tutorials/db2linux/db2linux...

2. color on a certain row in DataGrid

3. Differences between COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.DB2Driver and COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.net.DB2Driver

4. Integrity?

5. IBM DB2 COMPILE SP IN LINUX

6. Data access components in a DLL

7. IBM DB2 UDB EEE for Linux

8. Sybase Licensing Information

9. IBM DB2 and PHP4 on linux

10. Linux IBM DB2 and Java stored procedures

11. data migration from IBM DB400 to IBM DB2

12. IBM-DB2 and IBM-SQL/DS Information Needed

13. IBM's DB2 JDBC driver and DB2/MVS