Performance Expert and DB2 UDB ESE V8.1

Performance Expert and DB2 UDB ESE V8.1

Post by Jean-Marc Blais » Mon, 23 Jun 2003 19:29:07



Hi, I've tried to install the Performance Expert on my mono-partition DB2
UDB ESE V8.1 instance.
I get a message that this instance is a multi-partition instance and that
Performance Expert does not support it.

I have not seen explicit messages in the readme.txt that ESE was not
supported, so I ask the question.

Thanks,

Jean-Marc

 
 
 

Performance Expert and DB2 UDB ESE V8.1

Post by Larr » Tue, 24 Jun 2003 01:20:19


Where did you get the PE code from? If you got it from the shrinkwrap, that
is very old code. There have been several fixpacks since then ... perhaps you
need a more recent base.

Larry Edelstein


> Hi, I've tried to install the Performance Expert on my mono-partition DB2
> UDB ESE V8.1 instance.
> I get a message that this instance is a multi-partition instance and that
> Performance Expert does not support it.

> I have not seen explicit messages in the readme.txt that ESE was not
> supported, so I ask the question.

> Thanks,

> Jean-Marc


 
 
 

Performance Expert and DB2 UDB ESE V8.1

Post by Jean-Marc Blais » Tue, 24 Jun 2003 02:14:31


Hi Larry,

With either PE 1.1 or PE 1.1.5 (from the DB2 UDB Dev Edition box), it's the
same behavior: cannot continue install because my DB2 mono-partition
instance is said not to be supported ("multi-partition instances are not
supported").

I can install if I pick up a WSE instance, not a ESE (even if it is a
mono-partition one). I have downloaded FP7, but for this fixpack to be
applied, PE needs to be installed, so I had to create a WSE instance ...

How can I work with PE and ESE though ?

Thanks,

Jean-Marc



> Where did you get the PE code from? If you got it from the shrinkwrap,
that
> is very old code. There have been several fixpacks since then ... perhaps
you
> need a more recent base.

> Larry Edelstein


> > Hi, I've tried to install the Performance Expert on my mono-partition
DB2
> > UDB ESE V8.1 instance.
> > I get a message that this instance is a multi-partition instance and
that
> > Performance Expert does not support it.

> > I have not seen explicit messages in the readme.txt that ESE was not
> > supported, so I ask the question.

> > Thanks,

> > Jean-Marc

 
 
 

Performance Expert and DB2 UDB ESE V8.1

Post by Larr » Tue, 24 Jun 2003 08:21:39


Jean-Marc,

1.1.5 is old. Most recent level is 1.1.7 as you already found out. You need a
new base at 1.1.7. The only way I know of to get this is to ask your IBM rep. I
seem to remember seeing this before ... the best thing you could do is to
install at a higher base level and see if it still happens.

Larry Edelstein


> Hi Larry,

> With either PE 1.1 or PE 1.1.5 (from the DB2 UDB Dev Edition box), it's the
> same behavior: cannot continue install because my DB2 mono-partition
> instance is said not to be supported ("multi-partition instances are not
> supported").

> I can install if I pick up a WSE instance, not a ESE (even if it is a
> mono-partition one). I have downloaded FP7, but for this fixpack to be
> applied, PE needs to be installed, so I had to create a WSE instance ...

> How can I work with PE and ESE though ?

> Thanks,

> Jean-Marc



> > Where did you get the PE code from? If you got it from the shrinkwrap,
> that
> > is very old code. There have been several fixpacks since then ... perhaps
> you
> > need a more recent base.

> > Larry Edelstein


> > > Hi, I've tried to install the Performance Expert on my mono-partition
> DB2
> > > UDB ESE V8.1 instance.
> > > I get a message that this instance is a multi-partition instance and
> that
> > > Performance Expert does not support it.

> > > I have not seen explicit messages in the readme.txt that ESE was not
> > > supported, so I ask the question.

> > > Thanks,

> > > Jean-Marc

 
 
 

Performance Expert and DB2 UDB ESE V8.1

Post by Larr » Tue, 24 Jun 2003 08:24:42


Actually ... just found something. This is fixed in fp6, so the resolution is a
new level of base code.

Larry Edelstein


> Hi Larry,

> With either PE 1.1 or PE 1.1.5 (from the DB2 UDB Dev Edition box), it's the
> same behavior: cannot continue install because my DB2 mono-partition
> instance is said not to be supported ("multi-partition instances are not
> supported").

> I can install if I pick up a WSE instance, not a ESE (even if it is a
> mono-partition one). I have downloaded FP7, but for this fixpack to be
> applied, PE needs to be installed, so I had to create a WSE instance ...

> How can I work with PE and ESE though ?

> Thanks,

> Jean-Marc



> > Where did you get the PE code from? If you got it from the shrinkwrap,
> that
> > is very old code. There have been several fixpacks since then ... perhaps
> you
> > need a more recent base.

> > Larry Edelstein


> > > Hi, I've tried to install the Performance Expert on my mono-partition
> DB2
> > > UDB ESE V8.1 instance.
> > > I get a message that this instance is a multi-partition instance and
> that
> > > Performance Expert does not support it.

> > > I have not seen explicit messages in the readme.txt that ESE was not
> > > supported, so I ask the question.

> > > Thanks,

> > > Jean-Marc

 
 
 

Performance Expert and DB2 UDB ESE V8.1

Post by Jean-Marc Blais » Tue, 24 Jun 2003 14:45:59


Thanks a lot Lary for your great help.

So as workaround, could I install 1.1.5 then apply FP7 upon a DB2 WSE
instance, then switch to and ESE instance ?
I have not yet seen if that's possible.

Thanks again,

Jean-Marc



> Actually ... just found something. This is fixed in fp6, so the resolution
is a
> new level of base code.

> Larry Edelstein


> > Hi Larry,

> > With either PE 1.1 or PE 1.1.5 (from the DB2 UDB Dev Edition box), it's
the
> > same behavior: cannot continue install because my DB2 mono-partition
> > instance is said not to be supported ("multi-partition instances are not
> > supported").

> > I can install if I pick up a WSE instance, not a ESE (even if it is a
> > mono-partition one). I have downloaded FP7, but for this fixpack to be
> > applied, PE needs to be installed, so I had to create a WSE instance ...

> > How can I work with PE and ESE though ?

> > Thanks,

> > Jean-Marc



> > > Where did you get the PE code from? If you got it from the shrinkwrap,
> > that
> > > is very old code. There have been several fixpacks since then ...
perhaps
> > you
> > > need a more recent base.

> > > Larry Edelstein


> > > > Hi, I've tried to install the Performance Expert on my
mono-partition
> > DB2
> > > > UDB ESE V8.1 instance.
> > > > I get a message that this instance is a multi-partition instance and
> > that
> > > > Performance Expert does not support it.

> > > > I have not seen explicit messages in the readme.txt that ESE was not
> > > > supported, so I ask the question.

> > > > Thanks,

> > > > Jean-Marc

 
 
 

1. Connecting from DB2 UDB V8 Client to DB2 VM 7.2

Hi,

I am having problems with my v8 client to a host database which is a
db2 vm database. I am able to connect successfully to the database but
when I try to run any query I get the error

DB21018E  A system error occurred. The command line processor could
not
continue processing.

Has anyone got V8.1 and db2vm 7.2 working??

Thanks

Lyn

2. access relationships

3. DB2 UDB v8 on AIX, Websphere 3.5.6, and Prepared Statements

4. ODBC

5. DB2 UDB V8 Database Authorities

6. Boycott Symantec?

7. DB2 UDB v8.1 on Red Hat 8.0

8. Client Connection Install

9. ODBC Drivers for DB2 UDB V8.1

10. UDB-NT v8: DSN less ODBC connections to DB2

11. Tools to convert DB2/390 ddl to UDB EEE V7 or V8

12. DB2 UDB V8

13. db2 udb v8.1 licensing - anyone understand it?