db2 log switch

Post by Cathay Pacifi » Tue, 12 Sep 2000 15:45:50

Hi,
Does anyone know if how can I force DB2 to switch log?

In Oracle, incremental changes are written to an 'Archive Log' file and I
can issue a command to force the dbms to start writing to the next log. Can
I do the same in DB2?

thanks in advance
Louis

db2 log switch

Post by Andrew McLauchla » Wed, 13 Sep 2000 07:15:23

The default mode in V7 is to force the log archival on backup. In
previous versions you can't do it.
..Andrew