DB2 PDE 7.1 on RedHat 7.1 problem

Post by bo » Thu, 31 May 2001 07:38:52

Thanks in advance for your time.  I have already ready through the
GREAT how-to by Dan (yup the currently updated version which includes
support for RH 7.1.) and have inplemented all the fixs/setups/settings
he suggested.  This problem existed when I ran RH 7.0 but I got it
fixed when I switched to Java 1.1.8.  Because this is no longer an
option I have to find a way to make Java2 work.

Here is my problem:
When I try to run db2cc I get the splash screen and then.... splash
screen.... ok still there.... etc... etc.. etc...

Just to make sure, I have let the splash screen run for hours but
control center does not come up.  I took a look at db2cc and
discovered that there is one of two libraries that I just don't seem
to have.  If "$JAVA_HOME" is defined I am missing classes.zip (I have
checked every file in my system for it.)  Even if "$JAVA_HOME" is not
defined I am missing db2plug.zip.

If I kill -9 the process (because control-c does not do it) I get this
message:

I would just switch back to RH 7 but it is not my decision.  Thanks
again for any help.  Let me know If there is any more infor I can give
you.

DB2 PDE 7.1 on RedHat 7.1 problem

Post by bo » Thu, 31 May 2001 23:05:44

Oh ahhh ya my question is:

   A) Are these files the reason why I cannot get db2cc working?

and if so

   B) Where can I get these files?

and then

   C) Why did they not get installed originally?

> Thanks in advance for your time.  I have already ready through the
> GREAT how-to by Dan (yup the currently updated version which includes
> support for RH 7.1.) and have inplemented all the fixs/setups/settings
> he suggested.  This problem existed when I ran RH 7.0 but I got it
> fixed when I switched to Java 1.1.8.  Because this is no longer an
> option I have to find a way to make Java2 work.

> Here is my problem:
> When I try to run db2cc I get the splash screen and then.... splash
> screen.... ok still there.... etc... etc.. etc...

> Just to make sure, I have let the splash screen run for hours but
> control center does not come up.  I took a look at db2cc and
> discovered that there is one of two libraries that I just don't seem
> to have.  If "$JAVA_HOME" is defined I am missing classes.zip (I have
> checked every file in my system for it.)  Even if "$JAVA_HOME" is not
> defined I am missing db2plug.zip.

> If I kill -9 the process (because control-c does not do it) I get this
> message:

> ./db2cc line 57: 12801 killed   jre $JRE_OPTIONS -cp $JRE_CLASSPATH CC

> I would just switch back to RH 7 but it is not my decision.  Thanks
> again for any help.  Let me know If there is any more infor I can give
> you.

DB2 PDE 7.1 on RedHat 7.1 problem

Post by Chuck Davi » Thu, 31 May 2001 23:45:21

Bob:

I'm sure it's not the recommended approach but what I did was modify the
db2cc script to start my Java environment rather than modify my environment
to find db2.  If you have a functioning Java environment, comment out the
last line or two of the script (i.e. jre) and and tell it to start java.
Also, don't let it obliterate your syste CLASSPATH variable at the top of
the script as it is wont to do.

Chuck Davis

P.S.  Incidentally, it works fine with jdk1.3

> Oh ahhh ya my question is:

>    A) Are these files the reason why I cannot get db2cc working?

DB2 PDE 7.1 on RedHat 7.1 problem

Post by Darin McBrid » Fri, 01 Jun 2001 10:09:53

Quote:>Oh ahhh ya my question is:

>   A) Are these files the reason why I cannot get db2cc working?

Which files?
>and if so

>   B) Where can I get these files?

>and then

>   C) Why did they not get installed originally?

>> Thanks in advance for your time.  I have already ready through the
>> GREAT how-to by Dan (yup the currently updated version which includes
>> support for RH 7.1.) and have inplemented all the fixs/setups/settings
>> he suggested.  This problem existed when I ran RH 7.0 but I got it
>> fixed when I switched to Java 1.1.8.  Because this is no longer an
>> option I have to find a way to make Java2 work.

>> Here is my problem:
>> When I try to run db2cc I get the splash screen and then.... splash
>> screen.... ok still there.... etc... etc.. etc...

>> Just to make sure, I have let the splash screen run for hours but
>> control center does not come up.  I took a look at db2cc and
>> discovered that there is one of two libraries that I just don't seem
>> to have.  If "$JAVA_HOME" is defined I am missing classes.zip (I have
>> checked every file in my system for it.)  Even if "$JAVA_HOME" is not
>> defined I am missing db2plug.zip.

>> If I kill -9 the process (because control-c does not do it) I get this
>> message:

>> ./db2cc line 57: 12801 killed   jre $JRE_OPTIONS -cp $JRE_CLASSPATH CC

>> I would just switch back to RH 7 but it is not my decision.  Thanks
>> again for any help.  Let me know If there is any more infor I can give
>> you.

DB2 PDE 7.1 on RedHat 7.1 problem

Post by bo » Fri, 01 Jun 2001 22:24:57

classes.zip and db2plug.zip are the files I am missing.

DB2 PDE 7.1 on RedHat 7.1 problem

Post by Darin McBrid » Sat, 02 Jun 2001 23:01:41

Quote:>classes.zip and db2plug.zip are the files I am missing.

classes.zip is part of your Java distribution, and I don't seem to have
db2plug.zip anywhere and can bring up the CC successfully on my Linux box
(RH6.2).  Heck, I'm on my OS/2 box running an X server and saw the CC come
across the network.

I don't think that db2plug.zip has anything to do with your problem, although
if your JRE doesn't have classes.zip, that certainly would be a problem.

I am using JDK 1.1.8 from IBM on my Linux box.

1. DB2 7.1 PDE or DB2 7.1 EE

Hello,
I want to evaluate DB2 for Linux.
I have DB2 Personal Developer's Edition 7.1
and DB2 Enterprise Edition 6.1.

I've installed DB2 PDE 7.1 on my machine (RedHat 6.2,glibc 2.1.3) and
it works ok,
but looks like it doesn't allow any remote connections,am I right?
But I need to be able to connect to DB2 from another machine,where the
web server resides. Also,it would be nice to have a look at DB2's
replication features.
So I tried to install DB2 EE 6.1. The problem is that it hangs
after "db2start" command is issued. How can I solve this problem or is
there any ways to get DB2PDE 7.1 working with remote connections?
     WBR,Mike

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. QUERY on data for null values

3. DB2 7.1 PDE and MSQuery problems

4. ReOpen ADO Recordset with a current Connection

5. General question on DB2 7.1 PDE

6. Changing values in a field just before printing.

7. Problems with Command Center on DB2 v7.1 Fixpak 3 on Redhat Linux 7.1

8. Verification and repair of Paradox database

9. DB2 7.1 on RedHat 7.0 and IBMJDK2-13 Install

10. PDE 7.1 for Windows - Can't start admin server

11. Command Center Error in UDB PDE for win 7.1 FP 2a

12. 7.1 PDE for Linux - time limited?

13. Unable to drop table in 7.1 PDE