Query Patroller question

Post by Ron Bog » Fri, 21 Jun 2002 00:26:35

We are planning (hopefully) to have a phased rollout of QP.  Will we
be required to have QP client installed on 'all' clients issuing
queries, even if their thresholds are set extremely high?  One such
client (without QP client installed) keeps getting a "QP Client not
installed" message, even though his query does not cross any
thresholds, and eventually returns a result set.

Query Patroller question

Post by Larry Edelstei » Fri, 21 Jun 2002 05:00:27

Ron,

In order for QP to know that the query does or doesn't exceed the
threshholds, the query must be intercepted by QP and costed. I would
assume that the reason you are seeing that msg is that in order for this
to happen, the QP client is needed.

Larry Edelstein

> We are planning (hopefully) to have a phased rollout of QP.  Will we
> be required to have QP client installed on 'all' clients issuing
> queries, even if their thresholds are set extremely high?  One such
> client (without QP client installed) keeps getting a "QP Client not
> installed" message, even though his query does not cross any
> thresholds, and eventually returns a result set.

1. Query Patroller Error

When I start the DB2 Query Patroller for UDB7.2, in a little query patroller
message box with the number "DB29701" on it, I get the error:

Class "java/security/PrivilegedAction" not found.
Please check your classpath.

Normally that file isn't on a classpath explicitly because its part of JRE
lib stuff, but since this error asked for it, I put the rt.jar file on my
classpath and I still get the same error.  Also, I've looked for that error
code in the DB2 documentation, searched db2's online support as well as
google groups for it and I couldn't find any mention of it at all.

Has anyone seen this before or can tell my why it is complaining and wont
start?

Thanks,

Patrick

2. import from sybase

3. Query Patroller - Unexpected character

4. Sybase 12 Open Server seg fault with reentrant libs

5. DB2 Query Patroller server is not installed

6. ROLAP vs. MOLAP

7. Easy SQL question - query within query?

8. Web Query and .IQY files

9. Query Question - Length of query

10. query performance question - value existence query

11. PSQL Query, CONVERT, and length of Query questions....

12. SQL Query question and unload db question

13. Follow up question to previous thread on VFP 5.0a query questions