Unload V7 Record Length

Post by bgrec » Fri, 30 Aug 2002 00:01:35

Hi,

Currently I am in the process of converting unloads of tables from
Version 6 to Version 7. In version 6, I used to use PGM=IKJEFT01 and use
a simple sql statment in the SYSIN.

In version 7, I am using PGM = DSNUTILB and the statment below in SYSIN.

UNLOAD TABLESPACE XXXX.YYYY FROM TABLE AAAA.BBBB HEADER NONE WHEN (DATE

Quote:>= CURRENT DATE - 28 DAYS)

Although the unload is working fine, the unload file should have
125bytes record length but the output is producing a 129bytes rec length
file. Can anyone explain what's the reason behind it

Thanks !!!

--
www.MainFrameForum.com - USENET Gateway

Unload V7 Record Length

Post by bgrec » Sat, 31 Aug 2002 18:32:51

Hi,

After some time I managed to find out why the VB length is 4 bytes
greater than the FB length. In VB record format, the 4 bytes are used to
store the record length.

You can use SORT copy to change the file from VB to FB and truncate the
last 4 bytes.

Cheers

Ben

--
www.MainFrameForum.com - USENET Gateway

Unload V7 Record Length

Post by pm3iinc-nospa » Sat, 31 Aug 2002 23:47:46

Haven't been there for some time so i wasn't sure your extra bytes were
caused
by vb or packed data...

vb :
in fact, 2 bytes for record, 2 bytes for block.
and the bytes are at the beginning, not the end.

Maybe the output DD is some kind of dynalloc with default dcb.
Have you tried to force a DCB instead of reformatting with
sort/iebgener/fileaid/...

PM

Quote:> Hi,