How to generate a document from table schema?

How to generate a document from table schema?

Post by Daniel Ch » Sun, 29 Jun 2003 01:09:41

Hello,

   Is there any tool can read DB2 table schema and generate a MS word
document for the table schema ?

 Thanks a lot.

How to generate a document from table schema?

Post by Gert van der Kooi » Sun, 29 Jun 2003 02:15:52

Quote:> Hello,

>    Is there any tool can read DB2 table schema and generate a MS word
> document for the table schema ?

>  Thanks a lot.

I've done that with Sybase PowerDesigner. After 'reverse enginering'
a database you can create a report in RTF format, which can be read by
MS Word.

No doubt other modelling tools can do the same.

1. Generating word document files from embedded documents in Access or SQL Server DB.

My problem is :

I have an Access 2000 DB.
A table contains a field of type "OLE Data".
This field contains Microsoft Word's embedded documents.
What I want is to generate word documents for each of the record
programatically in VB. But not succeeded yet.
I also need to do it from SQL Server DB, as I have upsized my Access DB to
SQL Server and it is exported in an Image type of field. How can I generate
document files from this Access or SQL Server DB.

I tried to achieve it in 2 ways; first I tried:
Created a form, inserted a data control and an OLE control, bound it with
the required field.
When I run the VB program, it successfully opens the docudments from DB in
the control.
Then I tried to save the control data using "OLE1.SaveToFile" method to
generate a document.
It generated a document but unfortunately this document is not in the
correct MS Word format so not opening in Word.

and secondly I used Getchunk method but the result was same.

I hope you can understand my problem. I need a quick response. Thanks in
advance for help.

Zaki

2. Scheduled task and programming in VB

3. tools to generate tables of rows and cols from xsd schema

4. Filesize Limit

5. documenting user schema objects

6. Problems with OracleStart Service

7. Schema Defined TopLevel Elements in XML document

8. "A module is not a Valid Type" err in VB4-16

9. Looking for a SQL schema documenting tool

10. ALTER TABLE schema SCHEMA TO new_schema?

11. Privilege to create views on my own schema based on tables in other schema

12. Writing a VB Generated Word document to a SQL Server Blob

13. Automatic Generate a word-document from VB