sample CLP scripts to create new instance/database and configure ODBC/cli?

sample CLP scripts to create new instance/database and configure ODBC/cli?

Post by Alastair Camer » Wed, 18 Jul 2001 03:35:43

As part of our application installation, we need to provide CLP
scripts which will create a new DB2 instance (or maybe optionally use
an existing instance if it exists) and a new database, and configure
the database to allow ODBC access (binding?) via the IBM CLI/ODBC
driver.

I'm interested in DB2 for Windows NT/2000 and for AIX initially
(although I presume the AIX scripts will be portable to other UNIX
platforms if need be with a minimum of change).

Do IBM provide any sample scripts (or can you generate them through
one of the supplied tools) to create new instances/databases?

We are porting our app from Oracle & SQL Server, and so are not
familiar with CLP or the available commands.

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks.

Alastair

sample CLP scripts to create new instance/database and configure ODBC/cli?

Post by Blair Kenneth Adamach » Wed, 18 Jul 2001 04:14:07

db2setup generates an instance on Unix. Setup.exe generates an instance
called DB2 when you install on Windows.

> As part of our application installation, we need to provide CLP
> scripts which will create a new DB2 instance (or maybe optionally use
> an existing instance if it exists) and a new database, and configure
> the database to allow ODBC access (binding?) via the IBM CLI/ODBC
> driver.

> I'm interested in DB2 for Windows NT/2000 and for AIX initially
> (although I presume the AIX scripts will be portable to other UNIX
> platforms if need be with a minimum of change).

> Do IBM provide any sample scripts (or can you generate them through
> one of the supplied tools) to create new instances/databases?

> We are porting our app from Oracle & SQL Server, and so are not
> familiar with CLP or the available commands.

> Any help much appreciated.

> Thanks.

> Alastair

sample CLP scripts to create new instance/database and configure ODBC/cli?

Post by Alastair Camer » Wed, 18 Jul 2001 20:18:28

Yes I know,

but we may want to allow the setup to create another instance rather
than having all databases under a single instance.

That's why I'm looking for information/scripts on creating additional
instances.

Alastair

> db2setup generates an instance on Unix. Setup.exe generates an instance
> called DB2 when you install on Windows.

> > As part of our application installation, we need to provide CLP
> > scripts which will create a new DB2 instance (or maybe optionally use
> > an existing instance if it exists) and a new database, and configure
> > the database to allow ODBC access (binding?) via the IBM CLI/ODBC
> > driver.

> > I'm interested in DB2 for Windows NT/2000 and for AIX initially
> > (although I presume the AIX scripts will be portable to other UNIX
> > platforms if need be with a minimum of change).

> > Do IBM provide any sample scripts (or can you generate them through
> > one of the supplied tools) to create new instances/databases?

> > We are porting our app from Oracle & SQL Server, and so are not
> > familiar with CLP or the available commands.

> > Any help much appreciated.

> > Thanks.

> > Alastair

1. How do I create a new schema object(programatically(ODBC) or with scripts) in a database

 HI.
 how do I create a newschema.  I just get the default Domain/User when
programatically adding tables with ODBC. (CREATE SCHEMA....) Which tool with
Oracle 8i lets you create a schema so that users can connect to my
predefined ones.  Must I use a script or is there a oracle tool that lets me
do this

Thanks
steve

2. Various versions of Informix

3. Create a new instance scripts

4. User Connection stuck in ROLLBACK - Cannot kill

5. Cannot connect to database after creating new database and instance

6. getting all items within a tree node

7. Copying existing instance to create a new instance

8. MUTEX

9. creating a new database and instance

10. Problem creating a new database instance in Digital Unix

11. How create (without odbc manager) new odbc database ?

12. Scripts to create new database

13. Server instance of CLP on AIX?