DB2 Connect 7.x and JDBC Type 4 Driver (pure java) for Sun Solaris

DB2 Connect 7.x and JDBC Type 4 Driver (pure java) for Sun Solaris

Post by Stefan Stoesse » Sun, 03 Feb 2002 05:11:04

Hello,

is there a Type 4 Driver (Native-protocol pure Java driver) coming with DB2
Connect 7.x  for
Sun Solaris?
So far as I know there is only a Type 2 driver
("Com.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.DB2Driver")
coming with DB2 Connect 7.x.
This one depends on system specific shared objects and connects via a local
DB2 client
to the OS/390 host via DRDA.

With best regards
    Stefan St?ssel

DB2 Connect 7.x and JDBC Type 4 Driver (pure java) for Sun Solaris

Post by Larry Menar » Tue, 05 Feb 2002 21:44:51

   There are plans to implement a type 4 driver in the next release of workstation DB2, but currently there is none.

--
Larry Menard
IBM Workstation Database (DB2) Performance Team

> Hello,

> is there a Type 4 Driver (Native-protocol pure Java driver) coming with DB2
> Connect 7.x  for
> Sun Solaris?
> So far as I know there is only a Type 2 driver
> ("Com.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.DB2Driver")
> coming with DB2 Connect 7.x.
> This one depends on system specific shared objects and connects via a local
> DB2 client
> to the OS/390 host via DRDA.

> With best regards
>     Stefan St?ssel

1. JDBC Driver for Sun Solaris unable to connect to SQLServer 7

Hi,
  I am using type 4 JDBC driver called JDriver from WebLogic. I
am using JDK 1.3 for Sun Solaris (Sparc) and wanted a Java
application to connect to Microsoft Sqlserver 7.0 running under
Windows NT 4.0.
   When I test the same application on NT platform using JDK 1.3
for Win NT, it connects to SQLSever whether or not a policy file
(.java.policy) exists under my profile. But when I compile the
same code and run in Sun Solaris platform, it gives a runtime
error "Make sure the security manager allows this connection".I
tried creating a policy file and set all permissions but still
it would'nt connect.
   Can someone help me out, please ?

Thanks
Ragu

2. Help in setup SQL7.0

3. JDBC-Like pure java class to connect to Ms Sql Server or Ms Access

4. Dump to disk-file, how large maximum ?

5. Free JDBC pure Java driver???

6. HELP: Error: Unknown token received from SQL Server

7. InterClient 1.5 beta pure-Java JDBC driver

8. A Couple of Questions on Blobs

9. pure java jdbc drivers?

10. Looking for PURE JAVA DB with JDBC driver

11. 100% Pure Java JDBC Driver for SOLID Server

12. 100% pure Java JDBC driver for DBase files