rollforward through index create statement

rollforward through index create statement

Post by Andrew Johnsto » Wed, 25 Jun 2003 18:14:44

Hello,

   I have recently restored an online backup and rolled forward
through many transactions logs to a particular point in time. The
activity on the database during this period of rolling forward
included a number of drop/create index statements.

   Upon completion of the rollfoward, the indexes which were
dropped/recreated were ALL flagged as needing to be rebuilt in
db2diag.log:-

String Title:Index(es) need to be rebuilt. PID:42430 Node:000
Table(7:14)=.

   I am aware that a number of people have posted similar error
messages, but I am interested in finding out whether this is always
the case with DB2 or if it is something which has been fixed in a
particular FixPak.

   Using DB2 v7.1 FP2a on AIX 4.3.3.

  Is there any online documentation which explains this 'feature'. I
have searched some of the IBM web pages but can find nothing which
explains that this problem will occur every time one rollforwards
through a create-index statement.

  Many thanks in advance,

    Arthur.

1. rollforward and index rebuild

Recently I restored a database from a backup and rolled forward my
logs (including some load copy files).  This all seemed to work
successfully.  But then I tried to run a query and it just ran
forever.  I finally had to force myself out of the database.  This is
a query that ran in just a few seconds on the original database.
After consulting my db2diag.log file, I found this:

------
String Title:Index(es) need to be rebuilt. PID:1308 Node:000
Table(6:2)=.

2002-10-14-11.39.46.034329   Instance:userid   Node:000
PID:1308(db2agent (FUSIONM))   Appid:AC100B69.04D5.021014163832
data_management  sqldSerialIndex   Probe:1120   Database:FUSIONM
DIA1003C The interrupt  has been received.

ZRC=0xFFFF8403

String Title: PID:1308 Node:000
RID=d(51848;82)

2002-10-14-11.39.46.111863   Instance:userid   Node:000
PID:1308(db2agent (FUSIONM))   Appid:AC100B69.04D5.021014163832
data_management  createIndex   Probe:100   Database:FUSIONM
DIA1003C The interrupt  has been received.

ZRC=0xFFFF8403

String Title:Error Creating Index PID:1308 Node:000
Table(6:2)=USERID  .ANALYSIS_DATA
------

Why would the index need to be rebuilt?  If I restore the database
without rolling forward, the query works just fine.  Is it typical
that indices need to be rebuilt after a restore and rollforward?  I've
seen nothing indicating that in the docs.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,
Greig Wise

2. SQLSTATE 01517

3. (create index) vs (create index ... online)

4. Change color of VB4 DBGrid row?

5. Error 40002 -- 37000 Satement could not be prepared (create index statement)

6. Index a relational field

7. Creating an index to be used in SQL SELECT Statement

8. ODBC Driver development JOB

9. Create Modifiable index by SQL statement under Btrieve

10. HOW TO create cursor from dynamic SQL statement (EXECUTE(@Statement))

11. scripting problem - ALTER statements are before the create table statements

12. Update statement creates Error, when statement is fine

13. Creating Primary Key in Access through create statement