Fenced and Not Fenced

Post by Fan Ruo Xi » Tue, 11 Dec 2001 12:00:00

Hi,
If I created a Java UDF with "Not Fenced", I must copy that class to the

sqllib/function. If it is with "Fenced" (default), then I don't need
copy
it. Is that correct?
Thanks & Regards,

Rosaline Fan

Fenced and Not Fenced

Post by 9 of » Tue, 11 Dec 2001 14:23:17

I think "Fenced" and "Not Fenced" refer to how the UDFs are executed and
have nothing to do where DB2 search for the library. If you don't use
absolute path when you create the function, always copy the library to
sqllib/function directory. (See CREATE FUNCTION in SQL Reference for
details).

Quote:> Hi,
> If I created a Java UDF with "Not Fenced", I must copy that class to the

> sqllib/function. If it is with "Fenced" (default), then I don't need
> copy
> it. Is that correct?
> Thanks & Regards,

> Rosaline Fan

Fenced and Not Fenced

Post by Sailesh Krishnamurth » Tue, 11 Dec 2001 16:12:59

    Fan> sqllib/function. If it is with "Fenced" (default), then I
    Fan> don't need copy it. Is that correct?  Thanks & Regards,

My memory's fading, but AFAIK you don't need to copy it only if you
used install_jar to register it.

--
Pip-pip
Sailesh