DB2 Users

Post by Alexey Vederniko » Wed, 13 Sep 2000 16:19:15

Hi, all.

When i installed my Db2EE i have only one user(administrator).
I want to create users with for example SYSDBA or SYSCTRL
authorities. Or another users, for example ordinary users.
How i can do it?
Must i first make users and after give them authorities?
(it for users with SYSDBA or SYSCTRL authorities)

thank you.
Alexey.

DB2 Users

Post by Sathyaram » Thu, 14 Sep 2000 04:00:00

Hai,

DB2 uses operating system users and groups only. So you will have to
create users and groups at the operating system level.

You can associate an operating system group with either one of SYSADM,
SYSCTRL or SYSMAINT authorities using the command

update dbm cfg using SYSADM <grp name> .

Here the group name is the operrating system's group name.

These are at the instance level.

At the database level you have DBADM authority. The creator of the
database gets the authority implicitly. For other users, you can use
the GRANT SQL statement.

Hope this helps.

--
Cheers,
Sathyaram S

Quote:> Hi, all.

> When i installed my Db2EE i have only one user(administrator).
> I want to create users with for example SYSDBA or SYSCTRL
> authorities. Or another users, for example ordinary users.
> How i can do it?
> Must i first make users and after give them authorities?
> (it for users with SYSDBA or SYSCTRL authorities)

> thank you.
> Alexey.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

DB2 Users

Post by Pierre Saint-Jacque » Thu, 14 Sep 2000 04:00:00

You create the users using the OS security administration function.
You then create groups using same functions.
Then you update the DBM Config. file parms:
sysadm_group     with the group name for the sysadmins.
sysadm_ctrl         with the group name for system control

Those two authorities are controlled outside of DB2 by the OS.

You create users for the db in the same fashion.
You can use the DB USERS function of the database control center to
assign privileges and authorities on the db to the users you have
created.

HTH,  Pierre.

Alexey Vedernikov a crit :

Quote:> Hi, all.

> When i installed my Db2EE i have only one user(administrator).
> I want to create users with for example SYSDBA or SYSCTRL
> authorities. Or another users, for example ordinary users.
> How i can do it?
> Must i first make users and after give them authorities?
> (it for users with SYSDBA or SYSCTRL authorities)

> thank you.
> Alexey.

  sescons.vcf
< 1K Download

DB2 Users

Post by Alexey Vederniko » Fri, 15 Sep 2000 15:51:12

Hi,

Thank you very much for answers.
I will try to do it.

But what authorities must be assign to users and groups
at the operating system level?

Must this users and groups belong to Administrators group?

Alexey.

Quote:> You create the users using the OS security administration function.
> You then create groups using same functions.
> Then you update the DBM Config. file parms:
> sysadm_group     with the group name for the sysadmins.
> sysadm_ctrl         with the group name for system control

> Those two authorities are controlled outside of DB2 by the OS.

> You create users for the db in the same fashion.
> You can use the DB USERS function of the database control center to
> assign privileges and authorities on the db to the users you have
> created.

> HTH,  Pierre.

> Alexey Vedernikov a crit :

> > Hi, all.

> > When i installed my Db2EE i have only one user(administrator).
> > I want to create users with for example SYSDBA or SYSCTRL
> > authorities. Or another users, for example ordinary users.
> > How i can do it?
> > Must i first make users and after give them authorities?
> > (it for users with SYSDBA or SYSCTRL authorities)

> > thank you.
> > Alexey.

1. Getting user id from DB2 (USER)

I create a view using the following sql:

CREATE VIEW alco_crystal_reports_groups (user_id, group_name)  AS
       SELECT DISTINCT e.container_id, g.group_name
       FROM user u, membership m, group_defn g, membership e
       WHERE u.user_id = m.container_id and
             m.member_id = g.group_id and
             e.member_id = g.group_id
             and u.user_login = USER;

However the view never returns any data rows. It looks like the special
register USER does not contain the external user id of the current user
logged in to the database. The documentation specifies that this
register (USER) contains the authorized user id. Is there another
register or function in sql that returns the user id of the current
user?
I am using DB2 V6.1 in NT.

Thanks for any help.

2. SQL Server Security Problem

3. Tutorials: DB2 User Certification Preparation

4. SQL Logs

5. Greater Cincinnati DB2 User Group Event Preview

6. Check it out!!

7. DB2 user on AIX

8. Stored Procedure Help

9. Difference between DB2 USER and DB@ Group ??

10. DB2 User Rights - Newbie question

11. DB2 User not tied to NT account

12. 09/17 Greater Cincinnati DB2 User Group Event

13. db2 user and group management question