DB2 Newbie: Connecting to AS/400 DB2 with JDBC problems

DB2 Newbie: Connecting to AS/400 DB2 with JDBC problems

Post by M Tayl » Fri, 20 Jun 2003 18:36:24

Hi,

I am trying to connect to DB2 running on an AS/400, I can make the
connection OK using IBM's Universal DB2 driver, but when  I try to do
something like 'getCatalogs()' I get an SQLException, the content of
the exception error is this...

The stored proc is not supported in the current version

What does this mean? How can I fix it? Do I need to installed some
stored procedures? Will I ever find a chair that doesn't hurt my back?
(forget that last one)

Thanks in advance for any help.

Cheers

Moray

DB2 Newbie: Connecting to AS/400 DB2 with JDBC problems

Post by Kent Milliga » Sat, 21 Jun 2003 01:46:10

There were some PTFs recently released so that the DB2 Universal Driver driver
will work against an iSeries (AS/400) server.  Update the Database PTF level on
your iSeries server.

--
Kent Milligan, DB2 & BI team
PartnerWorld for Developers, iSeries

Quote:>>> www.iseries.ibm.com/db2

(opinions stated are not necessarily those of my employer)

Post by bigmu.. » Sat, 21 Jun 2003 06:34:22

>There were some PTFs recently released so that the DB2 Universal Driver driver
>will work against an iSeries (AS/400) server.  Update the Database PTF level on
>your iSeries server.

>--
>Kent Milligan, DB2 & BI team
>PartnerWorld for Developers, iSeries

>(opinions stated are not necessarily those of my employer)

Hi,

Thanks a lot for the reply, I applied all the PTFs on my system, but still no joy, do you know which particular PTFs are required?

Thanks again

Moray

DB2 Newbie: Connecting to AS/400 DB2 with JDBC problems

Post by Kent Milliga » Sun, 22 Jun 2003 00:00:21

Ok, I was able to dig up the following.  You'll also need make sure that DRDA IP
connection is active on your server.
First check the Informational APAR ii13348 for prereqs. Additionally you'd need
:
V5R1 PTF  SI08452, SI07944
V5R2 PTFs SI08451, SI08479, SI08478, SI07989

You might also want to consider the iSeries Java Toolbox JDBC driver.

--

Post by bigmu.. » Sun, 22 Jun 2003 06:14:57

>Ok, I was able to dig up the following.  You'll also need make sure that DRDA IP
>connection is active on your server.
>First check the Informational APAR ii13348 for prereqs. Additionally you'd need
>:
>V5R1 PTF  SI08452, SI07944
>V5R2 PTFs SI08451, SI08479, SI08478, SI07989

>You might also want to consider the iSeries Java Toolbox JDBC driver.

>--
>Kent Milligan, DB2 & BI team
>PartnerWorld for Developers, iSeries

>(opinions stated are not necessarily those of my employer)

Thanks a lot for that, I had a go of the Toolbox driver, and that works!  I have a few problems with 'invalid cursor state' when I do a moveToInsertRow(), but I expect that's a fairly trivial thing.

Thanks again for your help.

Moray

1. Accessing DB2 on AS/400 by DB2-Connect

Hello there,

We have a AS/400 with DB2 installed, and are trying to connect to the
database by DB2 Connect.
We are gaining access to the database, but the tables should be in a library
with the same name as the username of the user which we logged on with.
Is there any way to avoid this, or is this the way you have to connect to
the database.

i.e. when I connect to the AS/400 by the ODBC driver and use the username
'GERBEN', the data which I want to access has to be stored in the library
'GERBEN'.
   I can't connect to another library, which I want to do.

Is there anyway to connect to another library.

With kind regards,

Gerben de Vries

2. Error in opening Secured Access Database

3. DB2 Connect and DB2 OS/400

4. Need help with Import dilemna

5. DB2/400 and DB2 Connect

6. Pinnig Objects

7. DB2 on AS/400 with DB2 Connect

8. Connecting from Developer 2000 to Personal Oracle 7.0 for Windows NT 4.0

9. DB2 on NT connecting to DB2/400

10. DBD::DB2-Linux-client connect to AS/400-DB2-database

11. Does DB2 Connect support DB2 AS/400 V3R7?

12. Connect to DB2 on AS/400 with JDBC or ODBC

13. Problems with DB2 7.1 Connect Personal and AS/400