Error Using PUT ROUTINE : db2 v8.1 on AIX 5.1

Error Using PUT ROUTINE : db2 v8.1 on AIX 5.1

Post by Nikh » Sun, 18 May 2003 00:27:56

Folks:

I successfully extracted the binary for a SQL stored proc from a udb
database that was running on a machine with a C compiler. I ftp'ed the
.sar file over (in bin mode) and tried using 'put routine' command to
create it in another database on another server. No C compiler is
installed on this server.

I get the SQL0443N error code and the diagnostic text contains
"-970,55009".
I am running this under the instance owner id and this id has been
added to the fenced user group. I preemptively changed the permissions
on sqlib/adm/.fenced file to allow write access to this group as well.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Nikhil

Error Using PUT ROUTINE : db2 v8.1 on AIX 5.1

Post by Serge Riela » Sun, 18 May 2003 04:02:23

<gustavo>
He's on the right track.  After changing the ownership of
sqlib/adm/.fenced, db2 must be restarted for the new value to be picked up.
Also, he might need to remove or rename the sqllib/function/routine
directory before trying again, in case some directories were already
geenrated
with the wrong owner.
</gustavo>

Cheers
Serge

--
Serge Rielau
DB2 UDB SQL Compiler Development

Visit DB2 Developer Domain at
http://www7b.software.ibm.com/dmdd/

1. SQL0901N error installing DB2 Enterprise 7.1 on AIX 5.1

I get the following when I run db2sampl, to setup the Sample db, after
installing DB2 Enterprise Edition v7.1 on AIX v5.1

SQL0901N  The SQL statement failed because of a non-severe system error.
Subsequent SQL statements can be processed.  (Reason "Invalid Request type
for DB2 Admin Server".)

I'm running under the user id I created when I installed DB2. I've tried
giving that user root privileges on the AIX machine with the same result.
There was a client Instance on the AIX machine, but now the DBINSTANCE
environment variable points, correctly I think, to the on created by the
DB2 server install.

Any suggestions on what the problem is? Do I need to remove the client
instance? Is there any other way to verify that the server was installed
correctly?

Thanks,
Emmet

2. Monthly events using DateAdd

3. AIX 5.1 supported with whatch DB2 versions

4. Designing app that doesn't interfere w/ pdox functionality?

5. DB2 5.1 upgrading to 7 AIX

6. SQL 3 - Better to Business Analysis???

7. Connect MS VISUAL BASIC to MVS DB2 5.1 using ADO ODBC Driver

8. Oracle NT3.5 vs. 4.0

9. DB2/UDB/Windows 6.1 vs 5.1 and bind against remote DB2/VSE db

10. SQL error on IBM DB2 5.1 for OS/390

11. DB2 UDB v8 on AIX, Websphere 3.5.6, and Prepared Statements

12. Does v7.2.x support AIX 5.1?

13. Failed compile PostgreSQL 7.1.2 on AIX 5.1