Problem w/ MS Access and DB2 Connect

Post by Tony » Wed, 01 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Here's my problem.  I'm trying to attach tables from DB2 in Microsoft
Access 95 using IBM DB2 Connect (via an ODBC driver).  Whenever I try to
attach a table whose name is longer than 16 characters, I get an error
message saying that the object could not be found.  Has anyone else seen
this before?  Does anyone know how I can get around this or fix this?
Thanks.

1. Cannot Update Varchar field via DB2 Connect/MS-Access NT to VM

I'm stuck on this one, and hope someone out there can tell me where to look
for answers. Here's the scenario:

On the PC side, I'm running NT4, SP4 using DB2 Connect (version 5.2, I
think) to hook via ODBC to a VM host.
On the VM side, I'm running DB2 version 5.2, and I have a table that looks
like this:

SY_KEY CHAR(8)
SY_STATUS CHAR(10)
SY_DATE DATE
SY_MESSAGE VARCHAR(255)

When I link this table to an Access 97 database, the last field shows as a
Memo field. Until this morning, I had no problems updating any of these
fields. In fact, the Access application was the mechanism used to update the
message field.

Anyhow, this morning, I went to update the message, and got an ODBC error
416. I then got further information from ODBC as such:

"[IBM][CLI Driver] CLI0150E Driver not capable. SQLSTATE=S1C00 (#-99999)"

I can update any other field in the table with no problems. Further, from
the VM side, I can update SY_MESSAGE easily. The stopgap method I've used is
to redefine SY_MESSAGE as a CHAR(254) field, which gets me over the hump for
now.

My question, then, is this: Can anyone tell me, based on this message, what
piece of my software may be broken? My client's help desk is not the best,
and before I try to get the real problem fixed, I'd like to have some idea
where to turn!

TIA.

Scott Saftler

2. determining Maximums in my SP

3. Connecting MS Access to DB2 via ODBC

4. ASP app says: login not associated with trusted SQL server connections

5. connect to the MS Access database without using the ODBC driver for MS Access

6. VB puzzlers

7. Can DB2 CONNECT access DB's on OS/2 DB2 2.1.2

8. userexit set up

9. Access to DB2 for OS/390 via DB2 Connect

10. Accessing DB2 on AS/400 by DB2-Connect

11. Yes, MS Access having problems with DB2 Time datatype #delete

12. DB2 Newbie: Connecting to AS/400 DB2 with JDBC problems

13. 13750-WA-SEATTLE-MS SQL Server-ORACLE-ORACLE Tools-FOXPRO-DB2-SYBASE-MS Access-Developer