how to restore incremental backup images from TSM to multiple nodes

how to restore incremental backup images from TSM to multiple nodes

Post by jan » Fri, 20 Sep 2002 05:27:07

HI,

I'm working on backup and restore plan for our data warehouse
environment.

I have question on restore incremental backups to multiple nodes.

We have 10 nodes for the database. For full backup, I could use
db2adutl to get only full time backup images info, then use shell
scripts to get the latest full time backup timestamp. But I don't know
how to get only incremental backup images info with timestamps using
db2adutl.

Cause I have 10 nodes in our environment, I cannot specify the
timestamp manually.

Is there any good way to get the incremental backup timestamps on
multiple nodes for restore?

how to restore incremental backup images from TSM to multiple nodes

Post by Lloyd D Bud » Fri, 20 Sep 2002 08:11:43

In v7, no you cannot isolate the incremental and deltas with a query.
This is in v8.  In v7, the query option does include the inc and deltas.

What about simply looking at the LIST HISTORY? and using the AUTOMATIC on
any restore?

Cheers,
Lloyd D Budd

Post by jan » Sat, 21 Sep 2002 00:54:21

> In v7, no you cannot isolate the incremental and deltas with a query.
> This is in v8.  In v7, the query option does include the inc and deltas.

> What about simply looking at the LIST HISTORY? and using the AUTOMATIC on
> any restore?

> Cheers,
> Lloyd D Budd

HI, Lloyd

Thanks for your help. Using LIST HISTORY , I got the timestamp I want.
I need to write a scripts to get all the timestamp on all the nodes.

Post by David Moone » Sat, 21 Sep 2002 01:41:01

> Thanks for your help. Using LIST HISTORY , I got the timestamp I want.
> I need to write a scripts to get all the timestamp on all the nodes.

Also try looking into the db2ckrst tool.  It will parse the backup history
for you.

dave

Post by jan » Sat, 28 Sep 2002 02:47:01

> > Thanks for your help. Using LIST HISTORY , I got the timestamp I want.
> > I need to write a scripts to get all the timestamp on all the nodes.

> Also try looking into the db2ckrst tool.  It will parse the backup history
> for you.

> dave

HI,David

Thanks, I think it is very helpful when I do the incremental delta .