Question: Log Format/Inspect Utility for DB2/UDB 7.2 EE

Question: Log Format/Inspect Utility for DB2/UDB 7.2 EE

Post by Ted A. Whittingt » Sun, 02 Mar 2003 06:34:45

Does anyone know of a utility IBM or otherwise that would let a DBA
read, format, report and inspect the DB2/UDB logs (online or achived)?
For now I am interested in 7.2.  However, the need is there for 8.1 as
well.

Thanks in advance,
Ted

Post by Jan M. Nelke » Sun, 02 Mar 2003 08:42:34

> Does anyone know of a utility IBM or otherwise that would let a DBA
> read, format, report and inspect the DB2/UDB logs (online or achived)?
> For now I am interested in 7.2.  However, the need is there for 8.1 as
> well.

> Thanks in advance,
> Ted

Is there any particular information you are seeking from the DB2
transaction logs?
DB2 UDB - both V7.x and V8.x - has an API allowing end user to read logs
- but there isn't any utility available as you are describing.

Jan M. Nelken

Maybe there is one here http://www.informatik.uni-jena.de/dbis/db2log/

--
Knut Stolze
Information Integration

Question: Log Format/Inspect Utility for DB2/UDB 7.2 EE

Post by EDWARD LIPS » Sun, 02 Mar 2003 22:25:21

There is a new product DB2RE (DB2 Recovery Expert) which will read the
logs and create undo and redo SQL from them.

J > > Does anyone know of a utility IBM or otherwise that would let a DBA
J > > read, format, report and inspect the DB2/UDB logs (online or achived)?
J > > For now I am interested in 7.2.  However, the need is there for 8.1 as
J > > well.
J > >
J > > Thanks in advance,
J > > Ted
J > Is there any particular information you are seeking from the DB2
J > transaction logs?
J > DB2 UDB - both V7.x and V8.x - has an API allowing end user to read logs
J > - but there isn't any utility available as you are describing.

J > Jan M. Nelken

Edward Lipson via Relaynet.org Moondog

---
 t MM 1.1 #0361 t I am a mental tourist, My mind wanders!

   http://www.newsfeed.com       The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!

Question: Log Format/Inspect Utility for DB2/UDB 7.2 EE

Post by larr » Mon, 03 Mar 2003 09:28:50

Ted,

Take a look at the DB2 Recovery Expert for Multiplatforms.

http://www-3.ibm.com/software/data/db2imstools/db2tools/db2recovexper...

Larry Edelstein

> Does anyone know of a utility IBM or otherwise that would let a DBA
> read, format, report and inspect the DB2/UDB logs (online or achived)?
> For now I am interested in 7.2.  However, the need is there for 8.1 as
> well.

> Thanks in advance,
> Ted

1. Question on Different Fixpak (Solaris running DB2/UDB Connect EE 7.2)

Part of this question really should be, what universe did IBM travel
to in order to come up with Fixpak naming conventions? :-)

I just installed DB2 Connect EE  V7.2 on a Solaris server, running
Solaris 8.  I tried to upgrade to Fixpak 4 (V7.2 being V7.1 fixpack
3).   Accept for DB2CLIV72, all my DB2ConnEE fixes failed with
messages similar to the following:

ERROR:  The patch 1720500-037 has been superseded by the patch
1720700-039
        This patch cannot be installed.

So where is this 1720700-* documented?  I finally figured out the
wwhat a PTF level is.  I see the Build Level.  I see the Signature
level (none of which have any understandable connection to the
fixpak).  I looked in the READMEs, doing searches there.  I looked at
the FIXPACK Apar list.  Still nothing However nothing says 17200700 on
it.

The only option seems to be to download, uncompress, and untar the
file to check.   Apparently I am missing something, and, assuming it
is not some grey matter between the ears, I was hoping someone could
let me know what I am missing.   Oh, and the first part of the
question, an answer is necessary.

Opinions are strictly mine.

Thanks in advance!   I have found answers on this newsgroup to be
exceptionally concise, even (and especially) from IBM!!!

Ted

2. Is there an easy way to change the length of a text field?

3. Restoring DB2 UDB 5.2 to UDB 7.2 question.

4. oracle prices, are they for real?

5. Error in Java Program, when it accesses DB2 UDB 7.2 from DB2 UDB 5.2 Client

6. Registering External DLLs in AS2K using the USE LIBRARY statement

7. DB2 UDB 7.2 and DB2 UDB for AS/400 V5R1

8. Replication Software

9. Connecting from DB2 UDB V8 Client to DB2 VM 7.2

10. Difference between DB2 UDB 7.2 and DB2/400

11. Please help: Installing DB2 EE 7.2 on Solaris

12. Upgrade from DB2 UDB 7.2 to 8.1 on Redhat

13. Unstable environment with MTS / DB2 UDB 7.2 Fixpak 8