create a table on from a file

Post by E.P » Tue, 22 Aug 2000 04:00:00

How could I create a table from a file, into a stored procedure.
Could I use the load command directly in the procedure ?.

create a table on from a file

Post by Randall Parke » Fri, 25 Aug 2000 11:03:01

EP,

I am curious as to the limits of what one can do in a stored proc. There
appear to be very few. From my own reading of the Application Development
Guide I only found a few limitations. I don't understand the bit about
multi-threaded stored procs. Wonder what that limitation is caused by.

Anyway, here's an excerpt from the Application Development Guide. Note
that IMPORT is not supported. However, they don't mention LOAD as not
being allowed so you could use LOAD. Also, you could obviously read in
records yourself and do inserts. Though that'd be slower.

The following NOT FENCED stored procedures are not supported by
DB2:

16-bit

REXX

Multi-threaded

The following DB2 APIs and any DB2 CLI API are not supported in
a NOT FENCED stored procedure:

BIND

EXPORT

IMPORT

PRECOMPILE PROGRAM

ROLLFORWARD DATABASE

On Mon, 21 Aug 2000 15:59:10 +0200 esteemed E.P did'st hold forth thusly:

Quote:> How could I create a table from a file, into a stored procedure.
> Could I use the load command directly in the procedure ?.

1. create temp table: -261 Cannot create file for table - Not owner

After working happily for many years, part of an application started
failing with the following messages:
   Program stopped at "temp_sth.4gl", line number 19.
   SQL statement error number -261.
   Cannot create file for table (dirwatch.temp_sth).
   SYSTEM error number -1.
   Not owner

The relevant part of temp_sth.4gl is
   CREATE TEMP TABLE temp_asset
   (
   sth_asset_ref  CHAR(20)
   )

Software is I4GL 4.20 RDS and SE 5.10 on SCO OSR 505

The /tmp filesystem is not full up and setting DBTEMP doesn't help.
permissions on /tmp are normal. The code works OK on another OSR 505 system.

Permanent tables can be created and dropped OK

Does anyone have any ideas what might cause this problem?

2. sQL...?

3. How to create a table from a Format File

4. Why doesn't my exe run on my development machine? It runs on others.

5. Create one table from 10 tables in two files

6. Alternate Synchronization with Push Subscription

7. Create table creates invisible table

8. UPDATE from one Db to another

9. Creating new table from CSV file

10. create a .cub file from a table via query analyzer

11. Create a stored procedure to export table to Excel file(s)

12. Create flat files from SQL Server table

13. Create Table in a specific Data File