DB2 5.1 upgrading to 7 AIX

Post by Spanner » Mon, 02 Apr 2001 08:53:39

should the above upgrade be completed by going
to 6.0 from 5.1 then to 7 or is there no real risk
going straight to 7 from 5.1 ?

DB2 5.1 upgrading to 7 AIX

Post by Doug Welc » Mon, 02 Apr 2001 11:01:06

We went from 5.2 fp 12 to 7.1. fp2 (UDB/EEE for AIX) directly.  We
encountered 2 problems.
1. Lack of information on how to how to configure OS/390 as a client. The
SNA configs have substantially changed from 5.2 to 7. Eventually we got
support to help us with the config and it's working fine ;-].

2. We had some programs that called the import api with the replace option
in the middle of a UOW.  It worked in 5.2 but crashed the instance in 7.1.
Support delivered a fix to prevent the crash and cautioned us that we were
playing with fire as the import replace does some unlogged operations and
doing it the middle of a UOW doesn't make any sense.

Quote:> should the above upgrade be completed by going