Log Shipping

Post by Rudolf Barghol » Fri, 27 Jun 2003 00:16:25

Hi all,

where can I find information on log shipping between two DB2 servers, how to
archive the logs and how to read the logs into another database?

DB2 7.1 SP9 on Windows 2000

Regards

Rudolf Bargholz

Log Shipping

Post by Larr » Fri, 27 Jun 2003 00:45:21

You will need DB2 V7 at the fp3 or higher level.

Check the release notes for fp3 (at
http://www-3.ibm.com/cgi-bin/db2www/data/db2/udb/winos2unix/support/v...),
or check the "Data Recovery and High Availability Guide and Reference" at
http://www-3.ibm.com/cgi-bin/db2www/data/db2/udb/winos2unix/support/v...
.

Larry Edelstein

> Hi all,

> where can I find information on log shipping between two DB2 servers, how to
> archive the logs and how to read the logs into another database?

> DB2 7.1 SP9 on Windows 2000

> Regards

> Rudolf Bargholz

Log Shipping

Post by Blair Kenneth Adamach » Fri, 27 Jun 2003 01:13:05

Have you read this article:

http://www7b.boulder.ibm.com/dmdd/library/techarticle/0304mcinnis/030...

> Hi all,

> where can I find information on log shipping between two DB2 servers, how to
> archive the logs and how to read the logs into another database?

> DB2 7.1 SP9 on Windows 2000

> Regards

> Rudolf Bargholz

Log Shipping

Post by Rudolf Barghol » Fri, 27 Jun 2003 15:35:17

Thanks Blair,

this is precisely what I was looking for.

Regards

Rudolf Bargholz

Quote:> Have you read this article:

http://www7b.boulder.ibm.com/dmdd/library/techarticle/0304mcinnis/030...

> > Hi all,

> > where can I find information on log shipping between two DB2 servers,
how to
> > archive the logs and how to read the logs into another database?

> > DB2 7.1 SP9 on Windows 2000

> > Regards

> > Rudolf Bargholz

Log Shipping

Post by Rudolf Barghol » Fri, 27 Jun 2003 15:45:57

Hi Larry,

thanks, this is the info I need. Now all I need to find is the time to read
it all :-)

Regards

Rudolf Bargholz

Quote:> You will need DB2 V7 at the fp3 or higher level.

> Check the release notes for fp3 (at

http://www-3.ibm.com/cgi-bin/db2www/data/db2/udb/winos2unix/support/v...),
Quote:> or check the "Data Recovery and High Availability Guide and Reference" at

http://www-3.ibm.com/cgi-bin/db2www/data/db2/udb/winos2unix/support/v...
> .

> Larry Edelstein

> > Hi all,

> > where can I find information on log shipping between two DB2 servers,
how to
> > archive the logs and how to read the logs into another database?

> > DB2 7.1 SP9 on Windows 2000

> > Regards

> > Rudolf Bargholz

1. Log Shipping Utility - Corrupt Log Error

Error 9004: Log is corrupt

I am testing out the Log Shipping Utility from the SQL70 Resource Kit.
It was working fine for more than a day - restored about 15 GB of log
(~300 files). But the log restore failed on a particular file with a
message saying that the 'LOG is corrupt'. The log backup job on the
primary server was created using the maintenance wizard - this one has
the verify backup option set also. I tried restore of this log file from
the original file & copied the file to the secondary server - both give
the same error. I checked the LSN information & the File header in the
log files - everything matches. I restored a new database backup & tried
the process again. It seems to be running fine - it is now almost a
week.
My question is: has anyone encountered problems like these? The NIC
cards on the servers are fine (they have redundant NICs in fact). I
tried other file copy operations to make sure nothing is wrong &
moreover the log shipping is running fine now. I have the corrupt log
file so how can i find out what is wrong & why it is declared as
corrupt?

2. Rocky Mnt Sybase User Group

3. Log Shipping: conflicting schedules with daily tran logs backpu jobs

4. SQLSVR 7 sp3 Profiler no longer can connect

5. Log shipping: Auto restore transaction log?

6. questions about printing in universe

7. Log shipping & missing of logs

8. SSPI CONTEXT

9. Log Shipping - Manually Restoring Logs

10. Log Shipping and NT Application log

11. Log Shipping - specifying NIC card to use when sending transaction log files

12. Log Shipping - logging users out

13. Log Shipping/Trans Log Backups