DB2 V7.1: W2K client to Linux server

Post by Peter Mayn » Wed, 13 Sep 2000 09:38:37

I've installed DB2 V7.1 on Linux and can successfully retrieve data from it.

I've installed DB2 V7.1 on W2K for the purpose of accessing the Linux
server.

When I use the W2K control centre to access the sample database, I get
"SQL0901N: Invalid request type for DB2 Admin Server".

If I write some VBscript that uses ADO to read the sample database (using a
simple SELECT * FROM STAFF, I get the message "The IBM OLE DB Provider is
not available at this time."

I'm lost in the voluminous documentation. What do I have to do to make the

PJDM
----
Peter Mayne, Compaq Computer Australia, Canberra, ACT
These are my opinions, and have nothing to do with Compaq.
Never express yourself more clearly than you are able to think. - Niels Bohr

DB2 V7.1: W2K client to Linux server

Post by David Marvi » Thu, 14 Sep 2000 04:00:00

I believe the DB2 OLE DB driver is available for download from the DB2 website

> I've installed DB2 V7.1 on Linux and can successfully retrieve data from it.

> I've installed DB2 V7.1 on W2K for the purpose of accessing the Linux
> server.

> When I use the W2K control centre to access the sample database, I get
> "SQL0901N: Invalid request type for DB2 Admin Server".

> If I write some VBscript that uses ADO to read the sample database (using a
> simple SELECT * FROM STAFF, I get the message "The IBM OLE DB Provider is
> not available at this time."

> I'm lost in the voluminous documentation. What do I have to do to make the

> PJDM
> ----
> Peter Mayne, Compaq Computer Australia, Canberra, ACT
> These are my opinions, and have nothing to do with Compaq.
> Never express yourself more clearly than you are able to think. - Niels Bohr

DB2 V7.1: W2K client to Linux server

Post by Dorie Perfett » Thu, 14 Sep 2000 04:00:00

Can you try this (connect to & access SAMPLE db) from the CLP command-line on
W2K? Looks like your client is getting at the admin instance rather than your
DB2 instance.

> I've installed DB2 V7.1 on Linux and can successfully retrieve data from it.

> I've installed DB2 V7.1 on W2K for the purpose of accessing the Linux
> server.

> When I use the W2K control centre to access the sample database, I get
> "SQL0901N: Invalid request type for DB2 Admin Server".

> If I write some VBscript that uses ADO to read the sample database (using a
> simple SELECT * FROM STAFF, I get the message "The IBM OLE DB Provider is
> not available at this time."

> I'm lost in the voluminous documentation. What do I have to do to make the

> PJDM
> ----
> Peter Mayne, Compaq Computer Australia, Canberra, ACT
> These are my opinions, and have nothing to do with Compaq.
> Never express yourself more clearly than you are able to think. - Niels Bohr

1. Missing libdb-3.1 DB2 Linux V7.2 OS Linux Debian

Missing libdb-3.1 DB2 Linux V7.2 OS: Linux Debian

From time to time I find the message below in my db2diag.log file.
I checked for the lib and - as a matter of fact - it is not there.
I do not have any problems with my db2 installation, nor do I have the
problem
with my other db2 installations (I crosschecked, the lib is not there
either)

However, I'd like to get rid of the problem.
Has someone an idea?

Q1: Can I simply add the libdb-3.1.so to the db2 lib directory? If so, where
can I get it.
It is not completely trasnparent to me whether it is a DEBIAN or DB2 part.

Q2: What exactly is this lib needed for?

Best regards
KB

Error message
error loading module: P2608700
errno = 2
6c69 6264 622d 332e 312e 736f 3a20 6361 libdb-3.1.so: ca
6e6e 6f74 206f 7065 6e20 7368 6172 6564 nnot open shared
206f 626a 6563 7420 6669 6c65 3a20 4e6f object file: No
2073 7563 6820 6669 6c65 206f 7220 6469 such file or di
7265 6374 6f72 79 rectory

Thats how my libdir looks

libadsm.a libdb2.so.1 libdb2ccsup.so.1 libdb2jext.so libdb2psmd.so
libdb2sqlj.so libibmosse.so.1
libasnlib.a libdb2apie.so libdb2e.so.1 libdb2jwsup.so libdb2psmd.so.1
libddcs.a libmsrvs.so.1
libcapro.so.1 libdb2apie.so.1 libdb2gmf.a libdb2jwsup.so.1 libdb2qp.so
libdfcm.a
libcatcp.a libdb2ar.so libdb2jdbc.so libdb2licm.so libdb2scedu.so.1
libdpdcf.a

2. When to reindex the DB files

3. Connecting to db2 v7.1(linux) from db2 5.2 cc(nt)

4. Newbie Question: How long can a varchar be?

5. DBD::DB2-Linux-client connect to AS/400-DB2-database

6. MS Access Problem SOLVED!!!!!!

7. db2 v8 ADO driver on db2 v7.2 servers

8. question about MS SQL Server stored procedures

9. Installing db2 Client on Windows for Server which is Red Hat Linux

10. Looking for DB2/UB2 v7.2 for Linux

11. IDENTITY_VAL_LOCAL() doesn't seem to work under Linux (SuSE 8-0) db2 V7.1

12. Problems with Command Center on DB2 v7.1 Fixpak 3 on Redhat Linux 7.1

13. DB2 WE V7.1.0 TCP/IP on new Redhat Linux 7