Solution: SQL10007N with Client Configuration Assistant

Solution: SQL10007N with Client Configuration Assistant

Post by Wolfgang Klen » Fri, 04 Aug 2000 04:00:00

Hi,
as I read today in dejanews, many other had the following problem with
the Client Configuration Assistant (DB2 V5.2):

After pressing the "Done" button in the last step to configure a
database connection to a DB2 Server, I got the following error message:

SQL10007N: Message "-1092" could not be retrieved. Reason Code "4".

Message SQL1092 means:
SQL1092N "user-ID" does not have the authority to perform the requested
command.

My fault was, that I was logged in with the user-ID from our Windows-NT
Domain Server.  To make the installation work under this circumstances,
make sure that the following preconditions are met:

- Your user-ID must not be longer than 8 characters
- Your user-ID has to belong to the "Administrators" group
- If you are logged on at a domain, make sure that a local user-ID with
the same name exists, and is in the "Administrators" group.

Regards,
Wolfgang