DB2 Newbie: Where can I find OSS note 76577

DB2 Newbie: Where can I find OSS note 76577

Post by Brice Avi » Tue, 24 Jun 2003 23:26:00

Hello,

I'm a DB2 newbie that was surfing the web about DB2 restore info when
I came across:

"With DB2, you can restore your database under various circumstances,
providing that you have a good database backup image. The DB2 Control
Center and the SAP tool brdb6* (see OSS note 76577) provide the best
interface for such restore tasks."

I've surfed IBM's sites and can't seem to find OSS note 76577. Does
anyone know where I can find this? TIA.

Brice Avila
Minneapolis, Minnesota

DB2 Newbie: Where can I find OSS note 76577

Post by Mark » Tue, 24 Jun 2003 23:52:19

Quote:> Hello,

> I'm a DB2 newbie that was surfing the web about DB2 restore info when
> I came across:

> "With DB2, you can restore your database under various circumstances,
> providing that you have a good database backup image. The DB2 Control
> Center and the SAP tool brdb6* (see OSS note 76577) provide the best
> interface for such restore tasks."

> I've surfed IBM's sites and can't seem to find OSS note 76577. Does
> anyone know where I can find this? TIA.

> Brice Avila
> Minneapolis, Minnesota

Sounds like SAP information. I don't think that the IBM support website
would have any information relating to "SAP tool brdb6".

DB2 Newbie: Where can I find OSS note 76577

Post by Michael Bhol » Tue, 24 Jun 2003 23:46:29

Try the SAP site instead.

Quote:> Hello,

> I'm a DB2 newbie that was surfing the web about DB2 restore info when
> I came across:

> "With DB2, you can restore your database under various circumstances,
> providing that you have a good database backup image. The DB2 Control
> Center and the SAP tool brdb6* (see OSS note 76577) provide the best
> interface for such restore tasks."

> I've surfed IBM's sites and can't seem to find OSS note 76577. Does
> anyone know where I can find this? TIA.

> Brice Avila
> Minneapolis, Minnesota

1. DB2 Newbie: Connecting to AS/400 DB2 with JDBC problems

Hi,

I am trying to connect to DB2 running on an AS/400, I can make the
connection OK using IBM's Universal DB2 driver, but when  I try to do
something like 'getCatalogs()' I get an SQLException, the content of
the exception error is this...

The stored proc is not supported in the current version

What does this mean? How can I fix it? Do I need to installed some
stored procedures? Will I ever find a chair that doesn't hurt my back?
(forget that last one)

Thanks in advance for any help.

Cheers

Moray

2. Using execl to initiate a D3 process

3. DB2 Newbie needs help with DB2 5.2 ODBC: can browse schema, but get no data

4. Declarative RI in System 11