DB2 on Windows NT Workstation

Post by liza » Tue, 05 Jan 1999 04:00:00

Hi,

Is there any difference installing DB2 Workgroup/Enterprise Edition on
Windows NT Server and Windows NT Workstation.  Does the
behavior the same?  Advantages/Disadvantages.  Things that should
be looked into.

Anyone with experience installing DB2 on NT Workstation and run
successfully?

Any help will be remembered.

Best Regards and Happy New Year.

Lizam

Post by Pekka Henttone » Tue, 05 Jan 1999 04:00:00

> Hi,

> Anyone with experience installing DB2 on NT Workstation and run
> successfully?

I have installed it on NT Workstation and had no problems. It was a
Personal Edition of UDB though.

Post by Gene Kligerma » Thu, 07 Jan 1999 04:00:00

>Hi,

>Is there any difference installing DB2 Workgroup/Enterprise Edition on
>Windows NT Server and Windows NT Workstation.

No difference.  Both DB2 WE and EE can be installed on either NT Server or
NT Workstation.

Gene Kligerman

1. No Access from Win95 DB2 to DB2 Windows NT

a] First, It is the first time that I use IBM DB2 7.1.
b] I am IBM Partner

My Infrastructure:
- IBM DB2 UDB 7.1 SERVER in Windows NT
- IBM DB2 Client 7.1 in a Windows 95

Situation:
I have catalogued the node WinNt in the Win95 and I can access perfectly to
the samples database (list tables, make queries, etc...)

Problem:
I created a database from the DB2 prompt at the WinNT called Atril5.I add
this database 2 tables and I insert some information.

Now, I catalog this database in the Win95, and I am connected and When I run
queries as "list tables" I always got "0 record(s) selected" . or no results
available.

SO:

Why can I access perfectly the samples database from my Win 95 and I cannot
access my new database? (I have catalog the same way)

I need to find a solution as soon as possible, I am a little desperated.
Probably it should be some properties I should change in the server.

2. Accessing a Text File with ADO

3. JDBC with JDK1.1.6 with DB2 on Windows NT4 workstation..Netscape Application server 4.0

4. Merits of Paradox 8

5. Hiring Foxpro Programmers in Atlanta, GA

6. DB2 working distributed on Windoes NT Workstations

7. MS SQLServer integrated security??

8. installing SQL Server 6.5 in Windows 95/NT Workstation

9. SQL Server 6.5 Install on Windows NT 3.51 Workstation

10. Windows NT 4.0 workstation...

11. Installing SQL Server on a standalone Windows NT Workstation

12. SQL Server 2000 behaviour is different in Server 2000 and Windows NT Workstation